out of the ordinary ideas

[B]Veyron

Has anyone thought of making a map that has a different purpose other than destroying the Nod/GDI base across some sand dunes and rocks but instead have a box map with a bunch of moving boxes everywhere and you have to jump across this moving map just to get to the enemy MCT but still remain as a functional map.  I can bet many of you have played on such maps on various games where the map is modified to such an extent where you have fast moving spots and spots that you slow down or jump really high.  Why hasn't anyone moved ahead with something like this? I'm sure it would be 10x the fun

I've had this idea to have the bases spread out, but spawning is then an issue... 

Alternatively the idea of a map where one team just has to defend and the other team is free to attack... but this idea also seemed impractical...

CNC-Valkyrie is going to have 'drop spots' and other neat terrain-specific features for different tactics, but its a WIP that's not going to be done until Frostbite gets sorted.

I was working on a deathmatch map at some point with a lot of floating and moving rocks. You could get from one point to the other in a 3D platformer style.

It was going to look sort of like Shangri La in Far Cry 4, like a dreamworld.

But the matinee was being a bitch a lot of times, the rock islands would be better as meshes and that would have taken a lot of time to create, and I had a lot of vine ladders, and those ladders volumes can't move, and are also a pain to get right in the first place.

• 3 weeks later...

Maps that involve tiberium wildlife or red zones like the Genesis Pit would be very, very interesting. Lots of potential for unique gameplay elements and environments beyond the typical forest, desert, or tundra. Red zones are nearly alien worlds, after all... you could have a lot of funky things going on, like platforming/jumping sections, bouncy/slippery/sticky terrain, etc. Sporadic waves of tiberium wildlife could threaten both bases and bring a welcome PVE element to RenX. 

Edited by Tomcat_
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I sometimes wonder if the escalation is in the opposite flow in terms of gameplay experience. I get the concept, base destroyed, lose the ability to make units. However as the game progress that sets for options being taken away rather than options being opened up. Maybe it should be reversed, destroy Hand of Nod, GDI characters become available. Destroy the Advanced Guard Tower, Nod Tech Vehicles become available. That way options expand as the game progress.

On 7/2/2017 at 9:36 PM, Ruud033 said:

Not for multi-player, this is scripted. We'd have to change the base game in order to do this 

What if there was each a team spawn-room which had teleporters to various different locations? 

Also, could these teleporters have 5 spots it would teleport the player to at random?