Harvester + Drivable = FUN

Schmitzenbergh

well ..nicely done but sorry to tell .its kind of boring to me (cause the same speed ) ..BUT.. you started something that can lead to something awesome.

Was thinking if a special map was done. like 10 Harvs line up and players spawn 30 feet behind it, at GO they run to their Harvy enter in it and go ..and random obstacles pop up here and there and mb some speed multiplier crates ..that would be a new competitive Mod for renx :) 

21 minutes ago, Xtractor said:

well ..nicely done but sorry to tell .its kind of boring to me (cause the same speed ) ..BUT.. you started something that can lead to something awesome.

Was thinking if a special map was done. like 10 Harvs line up and players spawn 30 feet behind it, at GO they run to their Harvy enter in it and go ..and random obstacles pop up here and there and mb some speed multiplier crates ..that would be a new competitive Mod for renx :) 

Yeah, with nod buggies it would have been more fun, but it is what it is. The footage is sped up though xD Could you imagine what @Fffreak9999 and I had to do :P

If I can get good footage, I might make one with nod buggies. It's not that hard to make. The hardest part was the map intro sequence, made that one in Matinee with a copy of CNC-Walls :D

• Like 2

• Totem Arts Staff

Would be really funny if you could farm Tiberium with it, so you don't have these stupid Harvester which get stucked everywhere (see Lakeside Nod base for example... RAAAAGE) xD:P

Edited by Luhrian

17 minutes ago, Luhrian said:

Would be really funny if you could farm Tiberium with it, you don't have these stupid Harvester which get stucked everywhere (see Lakeside Nod bas for example... RAAAAGE) xD:P

That would spice things up for sure! Career truck drivers wanted! Payment in  bars of refined tiberium. Remember, don't attempt to manipulate the Tachograph! :) 

A drivable Harvester in RenX is definitely a beneficial asset. Drivable Harvesters are available to players in Tiberian Sun Reborn (a mod for the old Renegade) and are used alongside the sole AI Harvester to boost tiberium delivery rate, thus getting more money for your team in the long run. And yes, as Luhrian mentioned, this player operated Harvester could possibly replace the AI one (use a mutator so a player can commandeer the fundamental Harvester if possible).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chrisjh0223 said:

A drivable Harvester in RenX is definitely a beneficial asset. Drivable Harvesters are available to players in Tiberian Sun Reborn (a mod for the old Renegade) and are used alongside the sole AI Harvester to boost tiberium delivery rate, thus getting more money for your team in the long run. And yes, as Luhrian mentioned, this player operated Harvester could possibly replace the AI one (use a mutator so a player can commandeer the fundamental Harvester if possible).

Thanks for you feedback, I will give it a try later.

I was busy with the harvester last week and did got 2 results:
- Enter it as a driver, could harvest.
- Enter it as a passenger, able to harvest.

Will be continued B|

11 hours ago, j0g32 said:

Nice!

You could also use the tiberium (damage) volumes to trigger when to alloe collection - if you are not doing that already ;)

This would not be practical due to the amount of tiberium in most maps compared to the actual harvesting node.

Harvesters use this Navigation point as the determining factor for allowing Harvesting to commence.

Harvester Tiberium Navigation Point

As a property of the navigation point is the team number (0 for GDI, 1 for Nod) which means the harvesters drive to that point to collect the tiberium.

Also many mappers use Tiberium Damaging volumes to deter players from going too far out of bounds or on top of rocks they aren't meant to be on top of (I.E Lakeside)

37 minutes ago, Fffreak9999 said:

This would not be practical due to the amount of tiberium in most maps compared to the actual harvesting node.

Harvesters use this Navigation point as the determining factor for allowing Harvesting to commence.

As a property of the navigation point is the team number (0 for GDI, 1 for Nod) which means the harvesters drive to that point to collect the tiberium.

Also many mappers use Tiberium Damaging volumes to deter players from going too far out of bounds or on top of rocks they aren't meant to be on top of (I.E Lakeside)

Are there any maps where a tiberium damage volume is closer than the Tiberium field/node the harvesters use? And of course also reachable by vehicle.

Only one I can think of is Canyon

1 hour ago, Fffreak9999 said:

I know that AI harvesters use predefined paths, but this might be impractical for player controlled harvesters, which can go anywhere they want. For interactive harvesters, you have to use some kind of volume. And for other maps, tiberium volumes can be replaced with regular damage volumes.

But I agree that balance could be an issue, if tiberium fields are not equally distributed.

Then again, multiple tiberium fields (perhaps with different max. harvests) could be an interesting gameplay element.

Would love to see such a feature. :)

Edited by j0g32

On Tuesday, May 09, 2017 at 6:24 AM, Chrisjh0223 said:

And yes, as Luhrian mentioned, this player operated Harvester could possibly replace the AI one (use a mutator so a player can commandeer the fundamental Harvester if possible).

Nah... that would enable easy-trolling if the AI harvester was just replaced due to a player harvester.

Regarding the harvesting point, if it is possible for player harvesters to use a tib_node which is set to Team 3? Then those team 3 nodes could be highlighted when a player is in the harvester. But this is impractical unless a player harvester became more official as every map would need T3 Tib_nodes added. Just an idea.