UI Scale

Unless there is a UI scaling option in the UDK .ini files this problem will persist, it is a common problem on a lot of games but 4k res is relatively new and ut3 engine is quite old.

Unless the devs can include a custom magnifyer to scale the ui to different sizes in the in-game settings menu or if a mutator can work clientside this is going to be difficult.

In any case, a dev or someone who has knowledge of correcting the ui scale would need to have a 4k monitor to get this right. Right?

• Totem Arts Staff
10 hours ago, Madkill40 said:

Unless there is a UI scaling option in the UDK .ini files this problem will persist, it is a common problem on a lot of games but 4k res is relatively new and ut3 engine is quite old.

Unless the devs can include a custom magnifyer to scale the ui to different sizes in the in-game settings menu or if a mutator can work clientside this is going to be difficult.

In any case, a dev or someone who has knowledge of correcting the ui scale would need to have a 4k monitor to get this right. Right?

This isn't even remotely hard... It just went overlooked because A) Nobody brought it up enough, and B) the original writer for the UI never actually added a scale multiplier for the parts that weren't done in Flash.

The UI's already being worked on. This'll be part of it. 

• Like 3

I have a similar issue with UI scaling, though mine is less sever in some cases. I have an Ultrawide monitor and this is the game that has the biggest issues with UI scaling (that's not a bethesda game, anyway). Here are some examples, though I don't expect you to re-render cutscenes.

20170510092733_1.jpg

20170510092745_1.jpg

20170510092753_1.jpg

20170510092846_1.jpg

20170510092854_1.jpg