[B]Veyron

Hello again!

So I got to playing around in UDK and came across a picture and an idea.

Image9.jpg.a2dc604ab99816313a1e33005b83cb67.jpg

The idea is to have a GDI base set out in an ocean/sea on such watercraft you see in the photo and Nod base would either be on islands or separate boats.  The entire map is a flying map no land vehicles except where Nod base would be on land there would be exceptions.  While the main Nod base to destroy would be close by  and within map boundaries I would want to showcase a major Nod base further out on the main land for display.

boatRENX.thumb.jpg.f2a048914a0392971cb179592c3795d9.jpg

not sure on size but 2 arty lines for scale.  I want events to happen in the first few minutes of the game for instance a group of A10's fly out, a missile flies out from Nod base and blows up one of the gunboats, and certain sounds would play.

Opinions/comments welcome.  Thanks in advance.

boatrenx222.jpg

the back of the carrier is setup similar to the one in the prev picture. 

Edited by [B]Veyron
  • Like 1

Carriers are always large as they need to hold many aircrafts (a-10s in this instance - Like my Stronghold EE and Terminal View - This is for you @Luhrian or was it someone else)

If this carrier is the main base for GDI than the size should be fine, however if you're having multiple carriers to hold GDI's base (which is probably better) than it should be smaller - Take out the back 3-5 arties at least

However the general idea of this map seems very interesting and could work well, look forward to seeing the outcome. : 0

P.S. at one point I also came up with the idea of having GDI starting on boats out at sea, however the boats would arrive on/near the shore within the first few minutes to start the battle, and for this reason Nod would be on the other side of the Island with multiple Obelisks and Turrets dotted along the path - I never got any further with this Idea than thinking of it - wasn't sure how I was going to create the GDI base and then concentrated on finishing Hourglass / starting Stronghold as a side project

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf

Great idea!

Sounds very interesting!

I am just not sure about the GDI base, and gameplay balance overall:

Are the GDI buildings on the carrier(s)?

If so, how is Nod supposed to attack the base? Or if not, how can Nod win a match?

How can Nod defend their base (since this seems to be their main objective) ?

How is it fun/interesting/meaningful for both GDI and Nod Players to play this map?

A few ideas:

I like the focus on air combat, but you might consider giving players a few more tactical options.

The carrier could also spawn hovercrafts (and humvees) for beach assaults.

GDI gun boats could lay constant (random) rocket bombardment on the island, so that Nod forces cannot camp on 1 spot, but have to evade incoming  missiles, or are forced to seek shelter in bunkers, which makes their positioning more predictable and also limits the field of view...

Good luck ! :D

• Totem Arts Staff

A very interessting idea, which will need a huge amount of work. I like this idea, but before you do so much, you should really know what exactly you want. What is with the economy? Maybe there is a Tiberium Island near the ships and the GDI Harvester could get there by a Hovercraft. What is with buildings? Maybe Nod have to destroy the boats. And I would really suggest you to think about tanks, too.

If you want somebody for a landscape, who is making the island for you, I would be ready to help you, you'll have enough to do with your ships and Kismet stuff.