Disable mutators or make clear they are running

Ryz

While I appreciate the work Ukill does on the mutators I still want to open this topic. Last night I noticed a lot of votes on the CT server about 'x wants to enable sandbox mode' or 'x wants to enable future soldier.' I assumed, and with me a few people, that they were normal votes to joke and at that point didn't know the mutator was running.

I checked with some people AFTER I found out and they also didn't. We spent a 90(!) minutes on Under being locked in to our base with a load of people camping our front in order to just sit there and not attack and farm VP or K/D ratio. With them also a few TS units which we were surprised about how they get them. But still nobody told us when asked.  Now I know why some stuff was replaced so quick. We had a hard time if it would have been a normal game, but now we didn't stand a chance... Next game was Walls and suddenly the Nod (and later GDI) base had quite some turrets shooting everything..

I would suggest, since the playerbase is small and a lot of people allready ragequit daily cause the huge amount of snipers, to disable the mutator on normal servers. Now, if we are not getting snipped 10.000 times the game can get ruined by suddenly appearing weapons / turrets. The one thing this game doesn't need is the only normal servers with people to become abnormal.

If people really persist on using the sandbox mutator it should:
a) send out a message every x seconds that its running
b) what it does / how it works (even with the commands I couldn't spawn a GDI turret)

Please consider this server owners / developers. 

Edited by Ryz

A vote went up to enable sandbox during a game on Lakeside which I thought was a joke at first as we went through the game with things being normal, until shortly before we won on Lakeside a Hovercraft spawned and died.

Then when it changed to Islands vehicles were being spawned in as per sandbox 'rules', hovercrafts, TS units, all the things as decided by a majority vote.

Then when it changed over to Canyon it stopped, after that game I was done and also thought the sandbox had stopped as well.

All in all, bring back sandbox server and keep it off normal server.

• Former Developers

Yeah please dont make the game behave so randomly. Its hard enough for developers to balance the game as is, we don't need another variable in the mix (especially one that we have no control over).

If you want to play custom games then setup a secondary server for that purpose. This server is the most popular because it is well maintained and offers a good balanced experience. Making drastic mods will only complicate things.