Mines do not work on beacon

Ryz

Just confirmed this, ran into this yesterday and replicated it just now. 
During Walls I placed a (ion)beacon in the Airstrip Tower and directly afterwards I placed 3 mines at the same spot without moving. An engineer jumped towards the beacon and the mines didn't explode untill the person had removed the beacon. 

Tested this again:
If you place beacon and do not move and place the mines directly afterwards your mines will not explode till the beacon is gone. Not sure if it also works for Nuke beacon(s).

Edited by Ryz
Typo in title

On 5-4-2017 at 7:15 PM, Madkill40 said:

Were you originally trying to glitch the beacon?

Why would I glitch on purpose? I was just placing the beacon inside the airstrip tower when I got discovered, so I moved to a position where it was harder to hit me and placed the beacon (now finished the progress bar). Since I didn't want to move to avoid being hit I also placed the mines directly afterwards, but I looked around. A day later I tested this inside the base. After I placed the beacon I switched and walked towards it. Mines didn't go off untill I removed the beacon. @Henk i didn't move, but I turned around (I guess).

16 minutes ago, Madkill40 said:

To test whether or not it was possible?

I get it, but no. It happened during a normal game by accident. Infact the strip would have been killed if mines did work.