[MAP] CNC-Ash Redux

IllumZar

[Original Map by HappyConscript]

This map was to 95% finished but never got released. That made me very sad :(.

So I decided to take a look at it and tried to make it ready for testing :)

And here it is:

DOWNLOAD

changelist:

- added/moved some blocking volumes (to the destroyed vehicles)

- added SpottingAreaNodes

- added a complete EndGameSequence

- added a minimap

- added fire damage volumes on burning debris

- added fog density inside the Tiberium lake

- added a liquid volume to the lake (so you dont just fall on the ground but rather float in it)

- added 'normal' Tib volume to the crystals surrounding the lake

- changed the instantKillVolume on the Tiberium lake to a Tiberium volume (does waaay more damage than normal tib)

- changed the wind direction of all emitters so that they match

- disabled the collision on small debris on the ground (could easly get stuck on it

Some screens:

Spoiler

ash4.pngash1.pngash2.pngash3.pngash7.pngash5.pngash6.png

Edited by IllumZar

• Totem Arts Staff

Have you asked permission to edit this map?

If you didn't then you're a bit f*cked up because you have to permission to edit the map and release it without permission. You have to get permission of the original dev to do something about his map. 

And you should finish first your map Dust before starting a new project. I did this back in the day, I still have multiple maps to fix because I started too many maps in the past.

Edited by ThommyK0104

1 hour ago, ThommyK0104 said:

Have you asked permission to edit this map?

2 hours ago, IllumZar said:

[Original Map by HappyConscript]

The original maker of CnC-Ash "HappyConscript" was last online: April 21, 2013

As I see this, I doubt he could care less..

You have to get permission of the original dev to do something about his map.

So please tell me how should I ask this man if he hasn't been online for over 3 years?

And you should finish first your map Dust before starting a new project.

Unless someone gives me an hint how to "force" a fog even on low settings, maybe some minor changes may happen but overall it's as I said..

It's almost finished.

If you didn't then you're a bit f*cked up because you have to permission to edit the map and release it without permission. You have to get permission of the original dev to do something about his map.

you're a bit f*cked up

you're f*cked up

What do you mean by that ?

Edited by IllumZar

• Totem Arts Staff

- Happy Conscript is been online after 2013 because he announced Valley and Ash and Daybreak a year ago.

Naamloos.png

- He doesn't show up much, but there is probably a way to contact him. And I think he knows about these updates and he will come back once.

- As I said finish first something, then go to the next one

- Well you're not really f*cked up, but what I mean is you shouldn't edit maps from someone else without permission. You could let him handle this map and you focus on youre own projects.

Edited by ThommyK0104

As I see this, I doubt he could care less..

Hello Illumzar,

I am sorry, but no-one has my permission to modify or release any of my maps without my permission (barring a select few members on the Renegade: X development team).

My maps are as follows:

• CNC-Whiteout
  • CNC-Complex
  • CNC-Daybreak
  • CNC-Valley
  • CNC-Ash

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but much of my Renegade X work is featured in my portfolio and I am uncomfortable with anyone else presenting it outside of an official capacity.

The reason for CNC-Ash's not being released was Valley's lack of popularity. Unfortunately it seems as though people approached that map with a more competitive mindset, whereas I had designed it as a fun experiment. Ash was designed in a similar vein as a map which was fun to me, but did not necessarily fit within the confines of what works within the game or its community.

Thanks,

Evan.

• Like 1

• Agent locked this topic