[Level] CNC-City

TK0104

Know those tall buildings? Would have preferred those to have Anti-Air turrets on them instead, or respawning rocket pods player-controlled emplacements, to deter air spam.

Also, Anti-Air turrets ARE getting a buff next patch, from what I'm told, so might want to consider keeping it flexible to change. Keeping the ramps and the geometry playing nicely with roofs collision, for instance.

2 hours ago, Madkill40 said:

Re-tick the "Air Vehicles" and stick to the popular vote of "Yes" to keep City Flying, will save you on having to rebuild lights because Ramps do not bode well for Nod. (See HoN)

It was originally a Nod-strong map, so ramps without air isn't necessarily a problem. You can mine windows, and Obby shoots at one of the HoN ramps. The problem when you have air, is that a transport heli can pour units in from the various unmined windows in back.

Not sure if I remeber it correctly, but I think that in the original Renegade it was much easier to control the field against Apaches / Orcas on City_Flying.

Imo the Ramjet Rifle did more dmg to flying vehicles (didnt play Renegade for ~10 years so I might be completely wrong ^-^)

With the current City version I'd prefer a non_flying City. But both could also be an option (as in the original Game with all flying maps..)

17 hours ago, YagiHige said:

It was originally a Nod-strong map, so ramps without air isn't necessarily a problem. You can mine windows, and Obby shoots at one of the HoN ramps. The problem when you have air, is that a transport heli can pour units in from the various unmined windows in back.

That's not a problem that's an effective tactic of teamwork being used to win in a game and you're saying we shouldn't have that?

Poppycock! If the ramps are staying then there should be a Flying and Non-Flying version since all @ThommyK0104 has to do to produce a City with flying vehicles enabled is to tick the box next to "Flying Vehicles" :P

Edited by Madkill40

On 12/1/2016 at 3:33 AM, DarkSn4ke said:

nah, for flying vehicles he has to fix the map.

too many "getting to unitended places with aircraft" spots left

To be fair, if his map was added to main game, after 1 version, with suggested feedback supporting it, it could be tweaked by devs anonymously as "developing the game", to add blocking volumes to unintended spots, and add flying back. Plenty of blocking volumes and walls have been tweaked on various maps.

7 hours ago, YagiHige said:

To be fair, if his map was added to main game, after 1 version, with suggested feedback supporting it, it could be tweaked by devs anonymously as "developing the game", to add blocking volumes to unintended spots, and add flying back. Plenty of blocking volumes and walls have been tweaked on various maps.

it's the mappers job to make good maps, not the devs..

personally, I doubt that the devs (apart from the mappers among them) would work on City as it's just extra work :o

• 10 months later...