Spamming Messages

Ska-Ara

Hey mates,

in the last round i playd i saw this massive spamming of messages .

It was about 5-10 times repair xy
or 5 times that there is a enemy at point xy

these messages are massiv spamming and spam away the written stuff by the teammates. so its quite often that someone give a tip/order and no one see this cuz the spamming. sometimes the guys have to spam theyre messages to get a rush .

So my solution is that everyone can spam his massages with a maximum of 3 times(i would prefer 1 time lol) . then he have a 10-20 seconds of delay to spam the SAME order. If he should change the order the timer starts at 0 (cuz priority of orders)

what do you guys think about that?

The repair message are important though, often people don't realize that a building is under attack until teammates start to spam "building x needs repair". Similarly, if you want to get a rush going, you need to send the message repeatedly to get people to join. However, I agree that some messages could be more limited, nobody needs to see "Spotted 1 Enemy near a tree in the forest" on their screen multiple times.

Also, commanders should be able to spam voice commands in the way moderators can. It would really help if commanders could spam "Get in the vehicle" or "Move out" when organizing a rush.

Edited by EKT-Kaiser

i think we could make the messages more advanced.

f.e : Building XY need repair in a red Color and with a small alert sound. so everyone could notice that without spamming.
if we use a sound for the important stuff ( nuke, c4, repair) it should be enough with 1 time saying it.

enemy xy or other something like this.. should be stay in yellow.

10 hours ago, Ska-Ara said:

(i would prefer 1 time lol)

me too, many times important messages are drowned before i could see them just because someone spamming "building needs repair" when a building is 99% armor... would be nice if they are muted or the server skipped the message to prevent server flood - i dont take excessive spammers seriously

So instead of "BUILDING NEEDS REPAIR" being spammed at the top in the chatbox, when a player hits 'Q' for a building in need the building icon targeted could flash with "XY Building in Danger!" appearing in green text above it which could stay there for 45 seconds whilst an alert sound loops for 20 seconds?

Edited by Madkill40