Different approach kicking afks

Ryz

As mentioned in another topic a lot of games get decided by the fact that people are either afk repairing, or afk and not doing anything at all. Sometimes for round after round when it's just a quick game (snow for example or Trainingyard). When I am not defending and I find the time to votekick people I usually see a few people voting against if, even if I state the reason multiple times. Guess some people just like to win in an non sportive way...

Would it be able to:

- change the mechanism to kick an afk. So if a vote is done and the person itself doesn't reply, he / she is removed after x time.

- or make visible who voted no (maybe only for moderators?), cause the vote is anonymous people tend to vote whatever is better for them. I am pretty sure it's always the same people doing this.

Hope my suggestion gets picked-up along the 'join' thing to prevent afks from being assigned to a team.

• Totem Arts Staff

- or make visible who voted no (maybe only for moderators?), cause the vote is anonymous people tend to vote whatever is better for them. I am pretty sure it's always the same people doing this.

I personally don't see why voters have to be secretive. There are actually some benefits that I see if you can actually see who votes yes and no.

1. Non-sportive players as you describe will not vote no on legit afk kick because if he does, he'll be questioned as to why he votes no. He needs to have good reason on why he votes no

2. If at some point the afk player comes back and votes no, the people will immediately notice that he has returned back and cancel the vote as a whole

Or we could simplify the whole process.

Add a new vote option for kicking afks, they get the message:

"You are about to be kicked for non-participation, press F1 to continue playing."

Be generous, give them 30 seconds to respond and if they don't hit F1, kick 'em. If they do hit it give them immunity to afk kicks for 5 minutes. If someone has an afk-bot hitting F1 for them intermittently you can vote kick them the normal way and even their bot will vote against them.

Or we could simplify the whole process.

Add a new vote option for kicking afks, they get the message:

"You are about to be kicked for non-participation, press F1 to continue playing."

Be generous, give them 30 seconds to respond and if they don't hit F1, kick 'em. If they do hit it give them immunity to afk kicks for 5 minutes. If someone has an afk-bot hitting F1 for them intermittently you can vote kick them the normal way and even their bot will vote against them.

30 seconds is sometimes too short, e.g

I want to quickly drop a log in the toilet, that is not going to take less than 30 seconds.

30 seconds is sometimes too short, e.g

I want to quickly drop a log in the toilet, that is not going to take less than 30 seconds.

Ok, say you've gone to bomb the harbour... are you at your keyboard? No. That means you are away from keyboard. I have no qualms with the timer being 60 seconds but anything longer than that begins to defeat the purpose. If you still feel that it is an issue I suggest you look into sock-pooping...