Suggestions for a game mode in the final version release.

TheWankBank

Hello there, I'm new here.

My in-game name is " Anderson ", most of you are probably familiar with me or not, I have no idea. Recently, I'm been playing alot of Renegade X and while I do find thingshackers annoying, I deal with it.

Recently, I came up with a good suggestion if it's even possible.

What I'm asking for is to servers that can vote or manually set the game mode in " Tiberium Dawn [ Original ] " or " Tiberium Sun [ All sun units, etc. ] ", this basically means you don't have to again and again micro your wolverine back to base when it goes from 900 to 800 health and you're scared shitless it's going to be destroyed.

For example, if the game mode is set in Tiberium Sun, all the vehicles of Nod and GDI are from Tiberium Sun and not just Dawn, while the infantry may be same since Sun doesn't introduce any special new infantry, the vehicles are a definate improvement, and neither do the aircraft need to be changed, Nod just got a harpy which is a apache copy but very fast and versitile.

So I set my server to be in Tib Sun mode, what happens is that the Humvee is replaced by Wolverine [ Way more expensive but gives alot of damage output. ], the medium tank by the Titan and all the rest remains same.

I join NOD and the buggy is replaced by the new Tib sun buggy which has more armour or firepower I think [ Is expensive than the tib dawn buggy. ], If so, the stealth tank gets a newer model and the light tank is replaced by the Tick Tank? yes it was the Tick tank, which is cheaper than the titan.

I think that there are many topics suggesting 'do this and do that.' Not a bad thing, but people got a bit overwhelmed by them and don't react. Also the resources are limited.

When the full game releases it should have, if you ask me:

CnC mode

Sniper mode

Deadmatch mode

Why?

Cause these are allready created and don't take a lot off effort.

Sniper mode

Deadmatch mode

Can we make it that these modes are toggled easily? Because now it's just some simple Kismet to change Deathmatch into Sniper mode, but it does mean you need another copy of the map = another ~50 to 150 MB.

Toggling Flying enabled would be nice too.

@Ryz,

This isn't a normal " do this or do not " thread, properly read what am I saying please. I'm just telling about a mod that can be easily made aswell, doesn't even require any new scripts or models.

@Glacious,

Well, I had to, it has been my username on the internet for the past 6 years and the signature is recent. :D

"easily done"

most people don't realize that what your asking might seem easy to the uninformed. In reality it's a 10 hour project to edit the flash files and icons, and scripts in the purchase menu to be able to customize it and add new vehicles. With very few people who have knowledge of Adobe flash, User interface work, and the one who originally did the purchase menu is inactive. So for someone like me who has that software it's one thing, but another 5 hours of learning how the purchase menu was scripted and put together is another thing

Edited by Guest

"easily done"

most people don't realize that what your asking might seem easy to the uninformed. In reality it's a 10 hour project to edit the flash files and icons, and scripts in the purchase menu to be able to customize it and add new vehicles.

I do realize that, I'm scaling down to what he was saying.

It would take 20-30 hours to do that, but it's alot LESS than making an entire game-mode out of it.

This isn't a normal " do this or do not " thread, properly read what am I saying please. I'm just telling about a mod that can be easily made aswell, doesn't even require any new scripts or models.

You asked why nobody is answering, I gave you a reason. I am absolutely carte blanche in this and have nothing against or with the plans, but I figured I just answer you so at least someone does.

Regarding this isn't a normal 'do this and do not' thread. You are giving suggestions like in any similar thread, but ok...