Lakeside: Taking Nod from the rear

Lostalot

Not sure if it's been taken note of yet but there's now five entrances to the Nod base.

Get in an Orca/Chinook, turn straight towards the Nod base after exiting yours, fly through the woods, congratulations you are now hovering by the refinery/HON. No infantry, no tanks and no SAM sites to hinder your progress. Did I also mention the trees make pretty good cover and obscure you till the last moment?

Go on, try it, drop of a Chin full of hotties and pretend it took skill to get 'em there.

Indeed that's a very annoying spot and difficult to counter.

I complained but apparently it was legal, even though it's only possible since they made changes to the blocking volumes in the map and it doesn't at all look like that is made possible on purpose. It's clearly not the way the map was designed, but maybe it is now, I don't know.

apparently it was legal, even though it's only possible since they made changes to the blocking volumes in the map

Those same changes now allow Nod to get vehicles on the (previously) infantry only path towards the GDI barracks. I wonder how that's going to go down with the same crowd?

• 2 weeks later...

If the invisible blocking volume doesn't work for certain projectiles, place a big, low poly mesh in there and set it to hidden in-game. I had this with Snow and fixed it that way, it's a bit hacky but it works.

But if you're gonna rebuild lights, maybe you could also move everything up in the Z axis, that will probably fix this problem:

viewtopic.php?f=124&t=75940

• 2 months later...

I would like to report a bug on the mountain from the midle of the map. Nod can use apache to get on the mountain (right above the end of gdi's ref path) and if they are chem trooper they can safely stay there on mountain and plant a nuke beacon right "above" or next to the ref (which will kill the ref) on the mountain (which is unreachable by gdi - atleast unreachable in time and without dying due to tib poisoning from the mountain).

Here are some Screenshots:

http://imgur.com/a/19ZVW