[Other] 12 Forums

MrSunshine

There are currently 12 separate forums that a developer has to sort through in order to view all the new bug/feedback reports. I think it would be a lot more efficient and productive to use [Tags] instead of separating by forum. When a bug report is resolved, it should be closed.

This makes it easy for a developer to browse the Bug Reports section and see what has been reported, what needs to be fixed, and what has been fixed already just by scrolling down the page.

Feedback should have it's own section, using the same [Tag] system.

Maybe, maybe not... I mean every developer has his own expertise. I think following up and closing / removing stuff is more important to keep track of the situation, although I understand your suggestion.

This, is an excellent idea actually.

Submission forum, and tracking forum? Condenses section into 3 areas (feedback, bugreport, and tracked), public can post into first 2, while moderators can move them into 3rd.

All while still using bracket tags like [Char.Bug] or [MapBug] , which we should make a sticky on what brackets submissions should use so we see everyone use the correct and same brackets as each other for categorization.

For instance, beacon placement was discussed recently. Submitted as a bug, that you can drop beacons in game-breaking places. It was recently "noticed by senpai Rypel" but since even when submitted by Jeff and company it was a very well-detailed bug report that included instructions to replicate and suggestion to fix, it would be the kind of thing to move to "tracked".

Agent has ability to make this happen, but have to discuss first, and ultimately a decision will be made.

• 4 weeks later...