[Map Testing] Crashsite Feedback

Glacious

Already posted on the crash site thread.

A few places where you can fall through and get stuck:

2016-01-23_00005_zpskmyjpjcc.jpg

2016-01-23_00006_zpslhopw6dd.jpg

2016-01-23_00001_zpsze7yuwht.jpg

2016-01-23_00003_zpsriyz3zdv.jpg

You can jump through the roof (at nod side)

2016-01-23_00007_zpsfzhki6eh.jpg

No collisions/blocking volumes here(behind the WF):

2016-01-23_00008_zpsmyeqdblo.jpg

2016-01-23_00013_zpsslsiyuyf.jpg

2016-01-23_00012_zpsdtmibvfb.jpg

Can get into this part of the rock(also behind wf):

2016-01-23_00009_zps7v9ykg5t.jpg

2016-01-23_00010_zpsafd3sbaa.jpg

There's also a ton of annoying nuke/ion spots that can be fixed if beacons can only work if placed directly next to a building.

The cliff next to Hon needs to be blocked so you can't jump on top of the Hon stairs.

I'd appreciate it if there were less doors in the ship and also if the doors would stay open for a longer period of time. I also got 2 udk crashes from opening the doors.

There is a spot at the back of the WF (GDI base), the mountainside has rocks with no collision and you can hide in them,

It also means you can nuke the WF and people will find it hard to see the beacon due to no visible light from the beacon, plus almost indistinguishable sounds for the beacon coming from all over that area.

Two things i noticed:

- You can get into the 'arms' of the spaceship cause they don't have collisions..

- if you capture the WF it says: "name captured..." and than nothing.

Took me a while before I realized how I could get into the ship btw, from both bases and not from the front itself. Ship looks great to me and the doors are cool and now to slow if you ask me. I know you didn't plan any 'events' in the ship, but I think it would be cool to have something in the control room so the ship is more than just a shortcut between bases.. Ideas, besides ordinary 'silo:'

- If you hold the control room for 10 minutes the ship fires a laser instant killing a building from the enemy

- Special unit purchasable from bridge.

Good luck with finetuning the map, can't wait to play it for real!

There is a spot in GDI base where you can get stuck so hard that only thing left is suicide.

Pointing it out because it would be likely SBH hiding spot.

All three screenshots were made on same spot, so that location is more clear.

XrNWjxJ.jpg

lKLV40C.jpg

jCTk7E9.jpg

Also now everyone knows that I don't use same name on forums as I do in game.

My secret identity is now revealed.

As a Nod player it's possible to hide a beacon inside the Tiberium crystals close to the GDI power plant making it unlikely that GDI would find it in time and very likely that only Hotwire repair guns would be able to reach.

There's a bunch of objects inside the GDI base without collision making it possible to plant beacons inside oil drums/barrels and crates etc.

The small rocks used in the field and mainly the Nod base cliff areas are showing up without any texture (purple and white). I'll try get a screenshot to show which ones.

I agree with Ryz's idea that it would be nice if there were an objective associated with the alien ship like some sort of powerful laser/plasma bombardment on the enemy base; maybe not enough to destroy a building outright. I would also support the creation of an entrance from the main field into the ship.

Already posted on the crash site thread.
A few places where you can fall through and get stuck:

2016-01-23_00005_zpskmyjpjcc.jpg

2016-01-23_00006_zpslhopw6dd.jpg

2016-01-23_00001_zpsze7yuwht.jpg

2016-01-23_00003_zpsriyz3zdv.jpg

You can jump through the roof (at nod side)

2016-01-23_00007_zpsfzhki6eh.jpg

No collisions/blocking volumes here(behind the WF):

2016-01-23_00008_zpsmyeqdblo.jpg

2016-01-23_00013_zpsslsiyuyf.jpg

2016-01-23_00012_zpsdtmibvfb.jpg

Can get into this part of the rock(also behind wf):

2016-01-23_00009_zps7v9ykg5t.jpg

2016-01-23_00010_zpsafd3sbaa.jpg

Fixed all of these, thanks. I re-added collision to all the rocks in the game. I removed some collisions because I first had blocking volumes that covered these rocks. Now I have a soft level boundary volume and I forgot to put the collision back on when I switched over :P

It is possible to run to the back of the tiberium field and not die, the Tib Volume is not long far reaching enough to kill fast infantry to the back of the field.

Pic 1

Pic 2

I do not consider this to be a bug, I did this on purpose. If you're an SBH with a repair tool you can 'rest' here, if you want to go back, you'll get damaged and give away your position whilst getting damaged.

There's also a ton of annoying nuke/ion spots that can be fixed if beacons can only work if placed directly next to a building.

The cliff next to Hon needs to be blocked so you can't jump on top of the Hon stairs.

I'd appreciate it if there were less doors in the ship and also if the doors would stay open for a longer period of time. I also got 2 udk crashes from opening the doors.

Removed 2 doors which should do the trick. Also speed up the opening and closing sequence by 50%

I don't know why you got those UDK crashes but I think it has to do something with the sound.. My best bet is that you really were trying hard to screw around with those doors and messed up the kismet sequence. Best I can do here is remove all the sounds but that'll result in a boring door.. I might have to contact RypeL or some other coder that's willing to write me a nice piece of code for this.. Doing the sounds etc. in Kismet is crash sensitive. Mesa II also had this issue in the past.

There is a spot at the back of the WF (GDI base), the mountainside has rocks with no collision and you can hide in them,

It also means you can nuke the WF and people will find it hard to see the beacon due to no visible light from the beacon, plus almost indistinguishable sounds for the beacon coming from all over that area.

Fixed, also mentioned by Minji but thanks anyway

Two things i noticed:

- You can get into the 'arms' of the spaceship cause they don't have collisions..

- if you capture the WF it says: "name captured..." and than nothing.

Took me a while before I realized how I could get into the ship btw, from both bases and not from the front itself. Ship looks great to me and the doors are cool and now to slow if you ask me. I know you didn't plan any 'events' in the ship, but I think it would be cool to have something in the control room so the ship is more than just a shortcut between bases.. Ideas, besides ordinary 'silo:'

- If you hold the control room for 10 minutes the ship fires a laser instant killing a building from the enemy

- Special unit purchasable from bridge.

Good luck with finetuning the map, can't wait to play it for real!

Getting into the arms of the ship should not be possible, they have collision, see:

ZQtAbFo.jpg

That WF captured thing.. I know, It's a bit of code that needs to be optimized. I can't add the 'name' variable in the code, will need to ask the coders to do this for me.

The answer here lies in the following piece of code, the 'capture event' searches for a class that it can display. Unfortunately we don't have a class, only a mesh.

if(Health <= 1) {
		Health = 1;	
		if(GetTeamNum() != TEAM_NOD && GetTeamNum() != TEAM_GDI) {
			if(Healer.GetTeamNum() == TEAM_NOD) {	
				`LogRx("GAME"`s "Captured;"`s class'Rx_Game'.static.GetTeamName(TeamID)$","$self.class `s "id" `s GetRightMost(self) `s "by" `s `PlayerLog(Healer.PlayerReplicationInfo) );
				BroadcastLocalizedMessage(MessageClass,NOD_CAPTURED,Healer.PlayerReplicationInfo,,self);
				ChangeTeamReplicate(TEAM_NOD,true);
			} else {
				`LogRx("GAME"`s "Captured;"`s class'Rx_Game'.static.GetTeamName(TeamID)$","$self.class `s "id" `s GetRightMost(self) `s "by" `s `PlayerLog(Healer.PlayerReplicationInfo) );
				BroadcastLocalizedMessage(MessageClass,GDI_CAPTURED,Healer.PlayerReplicationInfo,,self);
				ChangeTeamReplicate(TEAM_GDI,true);
			}
		} else {
			if (TeamID == TEAM_NOD)
				BroadcastLocalizedMessage(MessageClass,NOD_LOST,Healer.PlayerReplicationInfo,,self);
			else if (TeamID == TEAM_GDI)
				BroadcastLocalizedMessage(MessageClass,GDI_LOST,Healer.PlayerReplicationInfo,,self);
			`LogRx("GAME"`s "Neutralized;"`s class'Rx_Game'.static.GetTeamName(TeamID)$","$self.class `s "id" `s GetRightMost(self) `s "by" `s `PlayerLog(Healer.PlayerReplicationInfo) );
			ChangeTeamReplicate(255,true);
			Health = BuildingVisuals.HealthMax;

So, coders, please help me out here if you can :)

@Ryz, Yeah I plan to have something special in the future in the ship.. I just don't know what just yet.. It has to be something infantry related though. Idea's are welcome here.

There is a spot in GDI base where you can get stuck so hard that only thing left is suicide.

Pointing it out because it would be likely SBH hiding spot.

All three screenshots were made on same spot, so that location is more clear.

XrNWjxJ.jpg

lKLV40C.jpg

jCTk7E9.jpg

Also now everyone knows that I don't use same name on forums as I do in game.

My secret identity is now revealed.

Thanks, fixed that.

As a Nod player it's possible to hide a beacon inside the Tiberium crystals close to the GDI power plant making it unlikely that GDI would find it in time and very likely that only Hotwire repair guns would be able to reach.

There's a bunch of objects inside the GDI base without collision making it possible to plant beacons inside oil drums/barrels and crates etc.

The small rocks used in the field and mainly the Nod base cliff areas are showing up without any texture (purple and white). I'll try get a screenshot to show which ones.

I agree with Ryz's idea that it would be nice if there were an objective associated with the alien ship like some sort of powerful laser/plasma bombardment on the enemy base; maybe not enough to destroy a building outright. I would also support the creation of an entrance from the main field into the ship.

Found the barrels near the tib silo, fixed the collision.

I hopefully fixed the texture already (copied the master material to my own package)

Ship field entrances.. maybe... in the future, not for now at least

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I really appreciate it.

Ruud: I noticed there are models for Tiberian Sun soldiers ingame, maybe you can make them available from the ships core? More cool would be to have something that damages buildings after a while, so there is really a need to get stuff organized and capture the bridge again. Would force people to actively go for the ship!

Will check the ships arms and make screenshots later!

• 1 month later...

That's a good award idea for holding the ship's control room, gaining Tiberian Sun era soldiers. If TS soldiers are not doable, maybe give the holding team purchasable spies?

I noticed at the back of the tech WF there is an unused terminal next to the Wolverine terminal. Any ideas for this (maybe purchasable Hover MRLS?) or should it remain just as décor?

I also noticed the GDI base has an "Advanced Silo," is there any current special ability or will it provide GDI something in a future update? Notice there are 2 chem units in a GDI silo window, is this a hint for something GDI can possibly do? Would be cool if it meant GDI could purchase Chem Spies at will; this would help remedy the tiberium field issue with Nod beacons at GDI's Power Plant.

People have already mentioned issues with the tiberium at GDI's Power Plant, Nod units (especially Chem Warrior) can plant very tough-to-diffuse beacons there(should Nod beacons be banned from the tiberium terrain?). It's indeed too powerful of an opportunity if you ask me, the simple Engineer class likely can't diffuse those beacons and I'm not sure if Hotwire's beam can reach a nuke beacon there. I mentioned the Chem Spy idea; it would be beneficial if you could buy Chem Spy and a repair tool for this case to help remedy the issue.

If we can stand on the lower ledge outside of pp and not get damaged by the tiberium on it, it will be easier toe defuse it. (Or is that already possible? can't test right now)

The chems are just easter eggs I think. And about the Tiberian Sun soldier, go in Skirmish, press F5 > futuresoldier, and see what happens ;)

Im considering bringing that TS soldier into the ship, I just don't know how to do it just yet, the infantry system works different than the vehicle system. I might have to write custom code in order to get that to work, or take a close look at the existing UT3 code.

The chem dudes in the GDI ref are an easter egg indeed :P im glad you spotted them haha.

There's more easter eggs on the map, also outside of the boundries! (should be reachable still though)

In the future I'll reconsider the tib field near the GDI PP because indeed I can imagine it being OP for chem's to plant that for Nod. I'll move the tib field further back I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

I also noted that you can sneak a beacon under the bridge and it will kill the WF. Once I fell in the river on the wrong side I couldn't get under the bridge, so I got out of the water and got killed. Is the bridge spot intended?

I think it is too easy to sneak & kill a building in both bases. So far all games that I played on this map were hotwires vs technicians basically.

I suggest to remove orcas and as a consequence remove stairs & ramps of the buildings. This way it will be harder to enter them. And I also think that there should be a way to enter the space ship from field.

So far most maps I played here were single sided, but this was more due everybody just checking the map. I also noticed that when people had played the map they would defend from an incoming rush. For me it's good the way it is besides the strange beacon spots @ GDI side. People should just learn also to defend!