JSon Save State

Handepsilon

• Totem Arts Staff

(was about to post this community dev section, but feels like it's more useful and proper in here)

This might be a bit late, but has anyone ever use JSon for saving game values? I noticed that the dev still has problem with saving skirmish game settings. Maybe if config settings refuse to work, you can use this instead.

And if not, this can still be worth looking out suppose there's a feature that needs game saving, like K/D, building destruction records, tutorial, single player campaign mod and whatnot

https://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Develop ... tates.html

Last time I ever tampered with JSon was when I was playing around with SonicGDK, a Sonic fangame based on UDK. The save system is actually less complicated than I imagined

I know it's pretty good for making launchers with Atomshell, and that it's pretty good for leaderboards and ladders (does Ren-X already use this for it's leaderboard stat-tracking?).

I also know that unit values for Planetary Annihilation are all loaded from JSON and are easy to modify, however anything more creative than that escapes my programming ability.

Ya the ladder uses json. But for it to be used in the game we would have to rewrite too much code I guess for it to be worth it I would think. We could just fix the bugs in the current safe system instead but it usually has low priority.