Patch 5.1 Preliminary changelist

yosh56

I strongly recommend we decrease the soft boundary time to 5-7 seconds I can pull some real bullshit now as a SBH or Apaches sneaking into bases on walls for example.

I really like the boundarys just feel like its a bit too easy to dodge gdi base hunting.

Maybe speed hotwire up just a tad? That girl is barely any faster than the engineer who should rightly be modeled with an enormous beer gut now.

I strongly recommend we decrease the soft boundary time to 5-7 seconds I can pull some real bullshit now as a SBH or Apaches sneaking into bases on walls for example.

I really like the boundarys just feel like its a bit too easy to dodge gdi base hunting.

Maybe speed hotwire up just a tad? That girl is barely any faster than the engineer who should rightly be modeled with an enormous beer gut now.

I agree with most this.

7 second countdown would give time to return, but would also limit how far. 10 seconds has been a problem since the beginning, just 1 second enough to make the distance between distant points in the soft boundary.

Engineers are also very slow. They should be no slower then grenadier. The difference in speed is already well enough to set their roles as infantry.

Did 5.1 introduce chromatic aberration that can't be removed?

Did I maybe overlook something in the settings?

CA is already a horribly ugly effect, but I'm getting some weird green/blue version of it, it seems.

I put everything on the lowest settings and it's still there.

I'm looking through my old screenshots (178 already!) and not seeing it anywhere.

• Totem Arts Staff
Did 5.1 introduce chromatic aberration that can't be removed?

Did I maybe overlook something in the settings?

CA is already a horribly ugly effect, but I'm getting some weird green/blue version of it, it seems.

I put everything on the lowest settings and it's still there.

I'm looking through my old screenshots (178 already!) and not seeing it anywhere.

[attachment=0]ca.jpg[/attachment]

No idea what that is. Might be anti aliasing.

Will probably put Hotwires back to regular speed for the sake of being able to get into the strip tower on Field. Also since she gets owned pretty easily

anyway.

Also will probably revert the point bonus for killing infantry, as right now the economy is almost as broken as when the silo was damn near another Refinery.

Nobody expected the boundary to be perfect...and lord knows it gave hell just getting it to where it is now

As for mines...it literally takes like the same amount of time to mine if not less right now.

Looks like bloom to me... Bloom always looked like "cheesy 3d glasses mode" in that regard when I used it.

No, bloom is something quite different.

It's there if I put everything on lowest/off settings and also when everything is on/highest. Tried it on three maps now (Whiteout, Islands and something else). Ex-/Including AA (MSAA makes my minimap flicker), texture filtering etc.

It's definitely behaving like CA does in all the other games that have it. Everything that's not in the middle of the screen gets an ugly violet or green shifted edge.

This was definitely not a case in the previous RenX versions.

I'm googling for a solution, because I can't play the game this way.

Didn't change anything, unfortunately (deleted the one in \Renegade X\UDKGame\Config).

I did look through it a bit and couldn't find anything related to chromatic aberration, color shift or "scene fringe" as it is called in Unreal engine.

What's rather weird is that it's clearly not there in the menu background.

It can't be exactly "scene fringe" anyway, that is disabled after "post processing effects" are disabled, if you truely turned them to 0 or false in settings config (probably manually). I know I don't even get the darkened screen if I leave map on Walls before I die, and mine is turned off.

Okay, here is a longshot, but it will tell us if it's your files somehow, or if it's your config. Try my ultra-low settings in the link. Literally follow the instructions, copy and paste them, don't overwrite the iniversion number at the very bottom of the file and leave it the same, change framethreadlag if you want, remember to save and then right click file and set to "read-only", then launch the game and see if it does it (besides it looking like plastic/minecraft).

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=75074&p=147964

Also, you can try to add this line of code between the first and second sections, not sure if it'll work:

[scalabilityGroups]

sg.PostProcessQuality=0

Neither worked, but thanks.

I'm going to do a clean reinstall of v5.004 see if it's there in Skirmish.

Ok see if it does.

Another long shot, but if we ruled out game config, it may be outside-interference. Have you updated your graphics drivers recently, do you have beta drivers, and would it be reasonably easy for you to roll back to the very last drivers for your graphics? What graphics you have anyway, amd or nvidia, dedicated or integrated?

The fresh v5.004 install and then patching to v5.1 via the auto-updater didn't have the problem.

I guess my old install (from public beta 1) must have had something scrambled up, so I'm just going to continue play with the new installation.

Here's a comparison between the two v5.1 (all I changed in both was going to 1080p and disabling bloom):