Cheats

eiMer

Hello guys,

i know every online games has his cheats and so on...

but

in the last days the things are gettin extreme.

All i can say is, there is a programming bug you can abuse. In the singleplayer mode you can load different visual filter via the console. Just joining a multiplayer game and you have this filter in multiplayer mode:

- see sbh

- see through walls and so on

And there are hacks abusing this for more advantages. I just saw infinite C4 (so one guy ran to a building after game started and destroyed it), same evening one guy used a damage multiplier for his flamer and killed whole base with one Flamer.

So fix this, or this game is dead before 2016.

• Totem Arts Staff

The visual filter bug should be impossible without actually hacking, as UE3 naturally doesn't allow you to join games.after certain console commands are used, and I know for a fact that the visual filters are one of them.

As for infinite ammo and such, those are general UE3 hacks, as you have to remember this is a ~10 year old engine...hacks for it are not hard to find, and having no access to the source means some aren't really all that counterable. Can poke into them, but a good chunk of it just has to come from banning players still.

• Totem Arts Staff
The visual filter bug should be impossible without actually hacking, as UE3 naturally doesn't allow you to join games.after certain console commands are used, and I know for a fact that the visual filters are one of them.

EDIT: Visual filters are apparently not one of them. Could have sworn they were, but I may have used something in between using them the last time I tested if you could. Assuming it's not a command in native, that's an easy fix.

Yeah thought this filter "cheat" should be an easy one.

Problem about the UE3 cheats is, yesterday evening wasnt the first time i mentioned strange actions.

But okay, then we have to accept this... but a lot of good players wont.

The visual filters don't really do much? One of them lets you see through barracks walls only, there are 2 wireframe ones that would pretty much be impossible to play on, one makes everything black so you can't see where you're going at all, one turns off textures so a bunch of transparent stuff becomes opaque, and one is completely awesome and makes the game look really clean

I also saw that damage hack. It was one flame tank on Whiteout. On a later map a MRLs took down the refinery in just a few seconds (this part I got on video). Of course the cheater denied when accused.

Is there no way in the engine to query the amount of damage being dealt by a weapon or vehicle? Anything over the default values could be set to be an auto-kick.