Game Crashes At Start

SethAten

Used to play the old Renegade a few years ago, this looked interesting so I downloaded it yesterday.

The launcher runs fine, even got a few updates from it. When I try to start the game, either just Launch Game or Join Server, I get the Unreal intro video, and rarely the Totem Arts intro, and immediately crash the game.

Running Windows 8.1 Pro, on an i7, NVidia 230m, 8GB RAM laptop.

Here is my log. http://pastebin.com/MrHWQ7z4

Edited by Guest

The issue you reference looks different from mine, a matter of Win10/compatibility settings with zero startup(mine gets to the intro vid and crashes), no logs(mine is attached), and no outright errors. It also looks resolved(?). The third post isn't very clear on that note.

I have updated my topic title to be more clear, I do see where the confusion may have arisen.

• Totem Arts Staff
Just tried it, no difference.

Damn, never posted.

Was going to say

A) Set the permissions on the main Renegade X folder so that "Everyone" has full rights to it.

B) You might need to install/re-install the .NET framework. Usually when the game crashes at that point the log doesn't mention the .net framework... but yours does. Or you could try to download beta 5f... which will be out very soon here.

(Also you set "ResX and ResY" in UDKSystemSettings and DefaultSystemSettings? )

A) Tried it. Nope.

B) This is a tough one. Seems most versions of .NET are part of Windows 8.1, and cannot be redone with external installers. Not sure how to proceed here.

(I only set it in UDKSystemSettings, but adding it to DefaultSystemSettings did not make a difference.)