I think we can increasw awareness to ren x by 9gag

kira

• Totem Arts Staff

I think we should seek for ideas to put gag on 9gag, there are milions of users there every day and if we can create some joke or something else that give some emotion when they see it or encourge their curiousity they eventually search the game and try it out.

By doing this the community will grow. Isn't that what we want?

• 2 weeks later...
iam serious, what can we do ?

advertise alot more on steam.

try to get more notable youtube gamer personalities to at least try the game.(acheivement hunter, nerd cubed,markiplier,etc.)

raise funding to get a popular reviewing website to review the game publicly. (ign, mmohut etc)

spread word about the game on very popular video gaming blogs.

there are 4 quick suggestions of the top of my head that will gather a LOT of attention. dont have to do them, but they work.

the game is easy enough to learn. the gameplay is basic enough for people to pick up and go.

the problem is a severe lack of awareness. the places you have to go to find out about this game are either niche, or very obscure/out of the way.

the only way to really solve the awareness issue is to find very popular outlets to spread with word of mouth, and/or get popular personalities to promote your game.

try to get more notable youtube gamer personalities to at least try the game.(acheivement hunter, nerd cubed,markiplier,etc.)

Like this?

raise funding to get a popular reviewing website to review the game publicly. (ign, mmohut etc)

>raise funding

>funding

Enjoy your EA lawsuit.

I agree that steam and well known internet people could raise awareness, but I don't think that time is right, since all newcomers would get impression that this game is DDoS Simulator 2015.

Firstly devs and server admins should make sure that RenX is able to withstand sudden community growth before any attempts to do implement that.

I'm best friends with Barley of "Spike and Barley play" https://www.youtube.com/user/NewfZ and I just asked him to mention Renegade-X in the next video they do. I hope it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/user/LeBarley

He's got over 9k subscribers, so if he mentions it and provides the link, maybe even a video featuring it, people could start pouring in.