CSI Cyber could crack down on DDoS

Chrisjh0223

Have you ever seen this show on CBS? It's good and helps give insight into how criminals cause mischief on computers and the Internet. Lately on some RenX servers we have encountered DDoS incidents; if that CSI Cyber team from the show existed in real life they could very well crack down on these vandals. Hey RenX server owners, check out these sites:

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/cyber

http://www.justice.gov/criminal-ccips/r ... erty-crime

It would be best if a server owner reported a DDoS incident, to give as much accurate information as possible. Has anybody considered consulting authorities about these DDoS encounters? Because I really believe that Cyber Crime investigators in real life can track down the perpetrator(s) in question; maybe not as powerful as the show but still efficient. In the show, CSI Cyber is the best at what it does. In reality the FBI is still a force to be reckoned with, it's not if they succeed but a matter of when.

If the DDoSed servers are in America then I'm sure the FBI will want to help out. If the servers are in other countries there's still a chance you might get their help, especially if the perpetrator is in America.

Doesn't the EU have something similar (but not as good as the US)? I think at least The Netherlands do if I recall correctly, and that's where Skeeze lives, maybe he can take it to the police?

But I'm afraid they only care if it's big, like universities, large companies, banks etc.

I doubt a governement would invest thousands of euros to help a game with a small playerbase like Ren-X. Money nor the amount of players should matter in a criminal investigation, but still...

Would also be a publicity stunt!

I don't know, you could be surprised if authorities crack down on the perpetrator. It all starts with a small thing, and then the perpetrator likely gets a high off of the one minor thing and then goes to much higher levels of the offense. So while he's just sabotaging RenX servers right now he might proceed to sabotaging YouTube, Amazon.com or whatever. And these people will probably do even worse crimes at some point such as planting Ransomware on a website or server. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he put a ransomware Trojan or Remote Access Tool on a server to hack us all (is that possible to do to RenX players?) So I'd say it's worth at least speaking to a person in authority who knows what to do in this scenario, because these cyber criminals will only grow worse if they remain undetected.

It's a Publicity Stunt if set up by it's own team, not really if the impact is from an unaffiliated entity. But yeah, if this makes the news headlines or whatever then RenX will garner plenty of attention.