C&C_Deth_Rock

omega79

Hi there,

I am working on this for some time already ... the progress is slow but i got not a lot spare time :(

This map is my first map and is born from just tryn the possibilities ...

I tryed an other map at first, but for a newbie like me it was far to ambitious (setting was a huge meteor crater)

So far I got the basic layout and the basic textures.

right now I am placing some decoration and tryn to find the gliches (like hitting buildings from where it is not supposed to happen)

The GDI side is 85% done while NOD has just the buildings so far.

There is a cave that is 90% done but the outer field is just 65% done.

C&C_Deth_Rock is inspired by the way the classic RTS maps were designed

Command_and_Conquer_95_free.jpg

Meaning those cliffs that seperate the different hights and the beaches to land your mct ;)

The weak point of each base is the side where the refinary is located and the ref is the most vulnerable part of each base. but if you lose it there are 3 silos what could provide income.

It is part of the map that there is a steady income that is higher than usualy.

Since I did Put some effort in this project I just would like to hear some feedback :)

MORE IMAGES:

http://imgur.com/a/Ml7UP#0

04.jpg.f7c00ce95234e44c1c0cef5ee7819ebe.jpg

15.jpg.ea1e514b255fb149b8ed465643fc03ec.jpg

I see the countdown timer in the image, I think you had to land on the beach and fight to loads of resistance in order to set up your base and than you had like an x amount of time to kill the silo(s)?

I am just wondering if you could use this element in the map. I tried this myself while making a map but I lack the skills for it so I quit on it. My idea was to have some kinda nuke / ion setup and counting down. If you do not win before (lets say) 3/4th of the game time the nuke / ion destroys your base or just a building. One side is clearly in a favour with this cause they know for sure IF they sit out the time they will have the super weapon destroy it. But than there is a switch / thing / trigger to make the weapon fire on a different location. This what this trigger COULD be:

- Control terminal in 'neutral' terrain which locks the missile launch silo which makes it explode inside the base

- If GDI destroys something in Nods base (whatever that may be)

- By points: party with the highest score at 3/4th of the time won't be hit

This could be a real game changer, but it's up for you to decide if you like the idea.

Keep up the good work!

-

I just do a regular C&C map,I am a newbie with the SDK.

The timer is just the regular timer of the game (if you not play marathon)

but yes, GDI had to win a battle to setup their base ... that will be more visible later (craters and smoke)

while Nod had the island first

The timer I refered to was from the old command and conquer footage in the picture with Kane. I think there are many people who can help you if you have scripting questions.

The timer I refered to was from the old command and conquer footage in the picture with Kane. I think there are many people who can help you if you have scripting questions.

ah okay, did not think about that ... just posted the image to show what i mean with "classic RTS"

about the scripting, i see that comming ;)

I use the tutorials provided by kenz (THANK YOU KENZ, great job!!!), I made the Harvester work with those ... i hope i can complete this as a basic map

Nice, i like how you are making the maps similar to the classic rts maps.

thank you

i hope my ideas work :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...