URGENT: indicate people where to download update

Ryz

Hello,

As mentioned yesterday:

The launcher doesn't load this update (yet) and I have had a few questions off people I know in real life about this. Non of them considered checking the site. I think the launcher should show the manual update possibility also. We have a small but dedicated playerbase and I think most people will find the patch, but we can also lose people with this.

Edit:

Just when I post this the launcher works. Maybe this was just an issue yesterday. Still good to consider!

launcher updated automatically for me with 4gb download speed for 1 minute, dropping to 0 for 2 seconds and continueing again for 1 minute @ 4gb/s. Continued untill finished within 10 minutes.

Had this yesterday, speed dropped 10 times and than stopped. Closed launcher, restarted and the download resumed but the same happened. Closed launcher again, download started from beginning. Than this happened several more times so I just downloaded the manual patch which I knew about :)

launcher updated automatically for me with 4gb download speed for 1 minute, dropping to 0 for 2 seconds and continueing again for 1 minute @ 4gb/s. Continued untill finished within 10 minutes.

Had this yesterday, speed dropped 10 times and than stopped. Closed launcher, restarted and the download resumed but the same happened. Closed launcher again, download started from beginning. Than this happened several more times so I just downloaded the manual patch which I knew about :)

I remember having this issue a while ago with another patch. I restarted it once which made the exact same happen so i decided to wait. After like 5 minutes the download resumed at normal speed and it completed without issues! I wonder what would cause this.

• Totem Arts Staff

I use two separate computers, and usually give patches out to a select few people before I release it... none of us ever have issues with the launcher updating.

I honestly have no idea why some people have issues with it, and considering I didn't write the launcher I'm not exactly enthusiastic to look into what might be the issue X.x. That goes double since it seems like an issue that's all over the place.

However, I am thinking the launcher could be updated to maybe show updates on the side pane and such. Could also use a player counter as well.

Did you try running the launcher as an administrator at least for the update? Permission issues can be a pain sometimes.

I got it fixed myself with the manual patch, but yeah I always run things as administrator. I don't think it's the launcher btw, but the server where the file was located. Google docs made me download it in seconds while the launchers server was slow. Guess either too many connections or someone tempering with it. As mentioned: I fixed it myself but some people just said: "Can't update, no Ren-X for me" without looking for a solution. Glad I spoke them and we fixed things by the manual patch.