How do we increase our current community size?

XD_ERROR_XD

• Totem Arts Staff

We don't have that 7x TS crates. And nobody's adverting it anymore. It was just quite a trend during its' appearance. And I dunno if we (TmX) ever did that. We tried, I'd admit it, but in the end we are stuck with low chance of TS for some lousy reason in the config files.

TmX never wanted the server with lol chance of TS crate, just a little boost so it's rare but not so rare

Allright, I guess it's been made clear (again) now what problems RenX is facing. But how are we going to at least try to solve these? And how fast do you think these things need to happen? How are we going to solve the shortage(?) of developers/programmers?

I personally have been working something of my own, though. I've contacted a guy i know and asked if he could work on something, but he's still learning UnrealScript and it's still gonna take some time before we could possibly release it, if he manages to finish it at all that is. I don't want to get too much into detail (yet), If he wants to talk about it i'll just let him.

Sounds like the dev community sub-group needs a manager.

A mod manager? :cool:

From RypeLs words the real issue seems to be the dev team is bleeding devs. The game is very much playable now and mostly glitch and bug free(unlike in the first 7 months of public realease), it can get players from any number of places(like pewdiepie stuck in a 4 hour marathon game of field - now thats proper scary :o ). But if the devs leave its curtains gents. :eek:

So where shoud we leave our animal sacrifices to stop this unfortunate turn of events?

Community dev section doesn't have much to do lol. Mostly it's just secret talks about how to give Havoc more sex appeal.

Problem is...community/community devs can come up with as many ideas or bugs as they want. There's not enough man power to implement the changes or fix things. It's also hard to convince people that it's worth working on something for free when the game is barely alive.

As far as changes, I still think the game needs to change a lot if you want to attract new players. I've played this game for so long and realize now that it's so flawed. I really don't see why anyone except C&C or Renegade fans would want to play it. I've enjoyed the game, but the more I play the more it just frustrates me. It's also way too customizable. It's not I'm going to play RenX. It's I'm going to play xxx server's version of RenX. Every server is so different.

But changes take manpower and there's not much of that. Not even sure if people would want them. The majority of people left playing just want Renegade. Eh, just my opinion though.