Spawn Delay

RoundShades

This topic borders between "players don't like it" and "players don't like not-it".

By which I mean, it never seems like anyone anywhere in any game likes spawn delay, but people hate the smart game being that if shit happens you intentionally die. If a beacon plant, you die and you are now ground-zero to react to it. If mine-clearing, you run out, die, rinse, and repeat. If repairing a building you already have immediate access to purchase terminals, yet if someone legitimately does make a play that kills repairmen, they either spawn same building or nearby and the repairs are hardly interrupted, and this usually irks the offense but they still won't make the link that a spawn delay might help the offense not face the same person in 3 separate reincarnations within the same minute. Also, slightly nerfs engineers suicide-c4-toss, compared to a weapon that kills without dying.

I wasn't thinking much anyway. You know the ridiculous length of an EMP fuse? If you die, you wait that long by default (config file) before spawning back at a PT. P.S.: That EMP Fuse needs reduced by 1.5 seconds.

Still also makes it smarter to "not kill infantry in the field" when doing a rush, because then they are stuck in the field unable to help their team. Unless they suicide, which again, this would at least delay them but a moment.

P.S.S. I am also not suggesting this so I know if the person is watching me TBag them or not. Just, most games balance based off this, like CoD, Battlefield, Runescape, Planetside 2, SMNC, Ect.

• Totem Arts Staff

Suggested it awhile ago... and I honestly don't see how it'd be a bad thing. It'd make defenders actually have consequences for being reckless....... and maybe... just maybe, infantry rushes would be useful (aside from you know... really really bad teams) with things other than engis. Swear it's impossible to kill the endless hoarde of respawning engineers

I'm not really a fan of spawn delays; being able to quickly react to beacon placements or rushes, without a feeling of complete and utter hopelessness is actually rather nice, and keeps me further engaged in the game.

...I also thoroughly enjoy going in as a kamikaze engineer.

• Totem Arts Staff
...I also thoroughly enjoy going in as a kamikaze engineer, for 90% of the game.

Corrected.

Everyone would still be able to do what they could do before, just that you would no longer be able to instantly be back in the action, and probably spawning in whatever building is under attack, which makes defending slightly less effective. Offense already has numerous disadvantages in RenX/OldRen, especially in AOW. If a team is decent, AND campy they can make a game go on for hours on end. This is only one small part of that however.

Besides... if you're already defending in your own base.... you can just exploit another really poorly designed feature in Ren and just refill spam indefinitely.