New update won't launch

Portal2

• Totem Arts Staff

In Windows, navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32", or it may also be "C:\Program Files\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32".

Basically just get to wherever you installed RenX, then Binaries/Win32.

In that folder, find "UDK.exe" (or it may just be UDK if file extensions aren't shown).

Right click that, and select Run as Administrator. If it works in this manner, I can give you a more permanent solution, as we've actually found your problem.

• Totem Arts Staff

Have you already tried re-installing? If it's just magically closing there's usually something fatally wrong.

Try running the game, let it crash, then give us your log file.

Logs are stored in C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\UDKGame\Logs (which may differ a bit on your system, but it will always be Renegade X/UDKGame/Logs)

Sort them by date modified, and attach the most recent one. If it's OMGWTF huge, we only really need to see about the last 50 lines.. if that.

I am also experiencing the same issue. I installed the beta a few days ago and the update was installed today. The only Icons I have for renegade x are as follows:

Renegade-x and,

Start Launcher. (Both with the same icon as Rx colored in silver and red)

I'm trying to reinstall the game at this time and will follow up if it still doesn't run.

***Ive watched the youtube video of the startup and which has the main menu. but all I see is a server list when I try to open the game. After clicking on a server it gives me a message stating I should forward port 7777.*** how do I forward port 7777? Also when loading it fails completely

screenshot0_zpsvxdcdhnd.png

screenshot1_zpsfxsvg6hk.png

• Totem Arts Staff
I'm guessing I have to download the software development kit. Where are these files placed, after downloading?

No you don't need the SDK unless you're trying to make things.

Umm, are clicking Join Server, or Launch Server? If you're trying to launch a server then you will probably need to forward ports.

If you just want to join an actual server then you just press join server under the picture on the right .

I Reinstalled beta 5, 3 times and every time it starts with and update then goes asks me to create a nickname. Then I'm stuck at the server list. I won't be back at my pc until tomorrow but if you have any advice on something I can try when I get back. I'll take screenies of the log from top to bottom as well.

Cheers

If there's any folders that you need me to SS let me know. I will be away from my pc a lot in the next few weeks. I'm moving from Florida to Washington so it's been a little hectic. Ill get back to you with whatever SS is needed.

Also this is the first time Ive played renegade X. Ive never downloaded the beta 4. The day I got my pc I started looking at the youtubes of you playing pug matches with kenz. So I started with Beta 5. maybe is there a link somewhere for beta 4?

• Totem Arts Staff

Uninstall and Delete all of the other folders first.. I think you actually have the SDK/Game install overlapping each other. I can't even find half of the files you have in there in the Dev build X.x

Download This, Install This, and Only THIS

Do that, then let me see the just the Renegade X folder.

I'm having issues downloading, it keeps not fully downloading the game and giving me an error stating that the file is corrupt. This was on Microsoft Edge. I just tried on on Mozilla firefox and it just stopped around 85-90 % and says Failed. I might not have time to mess with it today, but I'll try again when I have a chance on Sunday or Monday.

I am downloading over a wifi network, could that possibly be screwing it up.

The only icon that allows me to do anything is highlighting a server with people already playing and clicking "Launch Server". Every other button doesn't bring me anywhere. (Launch Game, Launch IP, and Join Server). Those three links don't do anything at all.

I'll click either three of those, and the bottom left of the screen will flash and say "The Game is Running" and then will flash back to "Welcome back commander" instantly after maybe 1 second.

• Totem Arts Staff

Oh.. totally different issue, wish you had started off by saying that.

If you know how to change permissions on folders, change the Renegade X folder's permissions so that EVERYONE has access to modify rights (There's literally a group called Everyone if you search for it). Full control would probably even solve more problems.

If you don't... just ask, or Google.

Not 100% sure why the installer gets so quirky with the way it does permissions on the folders while installing. Hell... I had that issue.