Hotty/Tech and Smoke Nades

yosh56

• Totem Arts Staff

This is something we touched on in a beta testing session or two, but we never really remembered to get loud about it. Hotwires and Technicians keep ALL of their weapons after buying a smoke grenade. It lets you switch between proximity mines and the smoke grenade on the PT screen, but if you choose the smoke grenade you will have the smoke AND your mines.

On top of this, the balance is a bit broken by the fact that Hotties and Techs keep their two remotes and two timed C4s even with smoke grenades. The entire balancing factor behind smoke (as was discussed before) was that it would replace C4 on infantry. Unfortunately, the one infantry that has the most C4 is the one where it does not do this.

Uhm... I always had the Smoke Grenade replace the mines and I thought this was intented. Never had your situation, but I will make sure to have a look at it. So far I don't mind the smoke grenades (see the other topic).

• Totem Arts Staff
I understand, but even with hotwire / tech I don't find it unbalanced anymore. Expected this, but turned out different.

Less about starting a balance argument, and more about the fact that it was a balance check that currently doesn't exist. It doesn't remove any of their capabilities