Modding the PT GUI

AlienXAXS

I'm not sure how possible this would be. The UI is done with scaleform, which is basically flash running inside the engine, so it would most likely require updating the flash files, which would get outdated and overridden if/when we update any of the menus in a patch.

I'm not 100% sure, as I haven't worked on any of the scaleform UI myself.

Hi Jeep, thanks for your reply.

I didnt know flash ran inside the engine, that's both kinda neat and aweful all at the same time lol.

Could you maybe relay this post to a dev who knows about the flash ui? - Any idea where the flash file picks the purchases up from, or is it built directly into the flash file?

Thank you :)

Hi AlienXAXS,

I'm the person who is in charge of the UI implementations. All the PT implementations are coded in the class called Rx_GFxPurchase.uc, look at the default properties section at the bottom, all the PT descriptions are there, and the PT mechanics are within that class.

In terms of graphics, they are created in flash, exported it through scaleform, and imported into the editor. they're a bit more work to get hang of it, so you have a work cut out for you if you want to work on that. Research scaleform and CLIK to get started.

I'll try post up some images to guide you guys on what goes on in PT and other User Interfaces later today. I'll probably tidy up the code and provide proper documentations as well. That'll be in the long run though.

In the meantime, reach out to me for any UI questions, and I'll try my best to assist you guys.

Hi AlienXAXS,

I'm the person who is in charge of the UI implementations. All the PT implementations are coded in the class called Rx_GFxPurchase.uc, look at the default properties section at the bottom, all the PT descriptions are there, and the PT mechanics are within that class.

In terms of graphics, they are created in flash, exported it through scaleform, and imported into the editor. they're a bit more work to get hang of it, so you have a work cut out for you if you want to work on that. Research scaleform and CLIK to get started.

I'll try post up some images to guide you guys on what goes on in PT and other User Interfaces later today. I'll probably tidy up the code and provide proper documentations as well. That'll be in the long run though.

In the meantime, reach out to me for any UI questions, and I'll try my best to assist you guys.

That's awesome. I'm also interested in having a custom PT somewhere.. with a custom building or so. Right now i'm using a trigger (Use) to get something going in my map.. would be nice if there's an actual interface.