Ion in Goldrush tunnel?

TheOlsenTwins

Hi,

as i did not find a thread about this topic and people have been arguing ingame:

Is it considered glitching to plant an ion beacon in the goldrush tunnels (below airstrip)?

If not, maybe it would be a good idea to find a way, to inform new players about this. (I also did not find the first ion that was planted there and could not defuse an otherwise easily defusable beacon)

Thanks for clarification

Hi,

as i did not find a thread about this topic and people have been arguing ingame:

Is it considered glitching to plant an ion beacon in the goldrush tunnels (below airstrip)?

If not, maybe it would be a good idea to find a way, to inform new players about this. (I also did not find the first ion that was planted there and could not defuse an otherwise easily defusable beacon)

Thanks for clarification

It is allowed, I found out the hard way!

I was defending on Goldrush Nod when the ion was placed. I couldn't find it where I heard the bleeping the loudest, so I went underground and there it was.

The explanation for it was: The ion cannon/nuke drop in from above, so essentially cutting through the airstrip to reach the beacon, why shouldn't it be allowed?

My view against it: GDI doesn't have such a weakness. Planting beacons below structures isn't one of the obvious tactics and is easier to defend (loads of crates to hide behind) and the obelisk chargup time takes too long to kill a person running to the tunnel.

My defense against it:

Throw some mines just around the corner of the concrete walls below the bunker. Throw some more mines in that tunnel entrance. Because they cannot rush all at once if they don't want to be killed by obelisk, 5-6 well-placed mines would suffice. I usually put around 10 in total.

Normally it's like 1 or 2 people trying that tactic as when there are more, they will significantly pull resources from the main assault/defense or bridge.

• Totem Arts Staff

It's been legal as far I know, and it's pretty obvious after your first time experiencing one.

Nod's base on most maps is more vulnerable to oddly placed Ions, especially because of the strip. Hell, all of Nod's structures on Walls can be destroyed with 2 beacons. Airstrip and Hon go down together, and Ref and PP can be hit at the same time (this one's specific as hell though).

can the bridge side in goldrush fix for both Nod and GDI?

b4 0.3beta,nod can jump to water from the left side of bridge on GDI base and avoiding guard tower fire

now that jumping spot was fixed you can't get on that side of the bridge (but u can still walk on the right side...)

but on Nod base you can still crouch down near the right side of stone bridge and wait that obby fire then run for 1 second and jump to water...nothing will shoot you when you swim to pp or behide airstrip it hard to see thing inside water in renX if you not specify look at it .

while sbh give balance to allow some better defend on GDI base...but this easy go into water spot don't require invisibly not counting guard tower will shoot at your SBH when you walking in GDI bridge(not all area of the wood bridge)

when you swim across the mid-area (bar and pp island to WF and ref.the gurad tower will shoot at you as well because it much taller then Nod slow turret.

RenX also added sprint which enhanced the turret problem...it basically useless against GDI inf