Did i becon glitch?

isupreme

Well this cuts two ways... i don't want to use glitches, but i dont know when I might do it.

I hate to ask what are the glitch places.... because it may be better to not list these types of things? But i want to NOT plant glitch becons.

The other day i placed a becon while standing on the Barracks roof. I was not at the peak but standing by the stairs down the side. I looked down and placed the becon. I was told it was in a glitch spot.

When the beacon is entirely inside of another object or is in a difficult spot to obtain on foot, like the roof of a non-flying building.

Sometimes, people will complain and use terms that sound like something that should ban you, knowing you did nothing of the sort. Get a few one hit kills, get called an aimbotter?

When the beacon is entirely inside of another object or is in a difficult spot to obtain on foot, like the roof of a non-flying building.

Sometimes, people will complain and use terms that sound like something that should ban you, knowing you did nothing of the sort. Get a few one hit kills, get called an aimbotter?

On the aimbot topic, few days ago I experienced being shot by a guy with a free marksman character and had many consecutive headshots, while I was a Havoc looking back at him trying to kill him. He killed me, multiple times. Sometimes it's obvious as I was not the only one experiencing this.

On the glitching topic:

A glitched beacon is a beacon placed in such a location, that after the deployment time expires (and countdown begins) the beacon 'falls' to such a location where it is no longer visible or disarmable by normal means.

GDI barracks has such a spot (more than 1) where it is still reachable but so hard, that one must know how to.

Same with the Ref and before the fix, the WF.

If you feel like you are going the extraordinary way when placing a beacon to make sure the opposing team is unable to reach that beacon, then most likely it's a glitched beacon OR a very well-hidden beacon in such an obscure and irregular location that one does not expect it

On the aimbot topic, few days ago I experienced being shot by a guy with a free marksman character and had many consecutive headshots, while I was a Havoc looking back at him trying to kill him. He killed me, multiple times. Sometimes it's obvious as I was not the only one experiencing this.

I was there too, the problem was that I couldn't reach the ID number to raise a kick vote. I think we managed to kick him in the end but 2 mins later he was back. Hoping beta 3 fixes this voting system :)

Well hidden vs glitch is an important point atm. For instance i didnt see a plant on the exterior of power down under the stairs... way back and set a bit up on the wall against a spot you could only see if you looked from the very end of the space.

To me that sounds well hidden but man o man did lots of Glitch! was heard in chat.

Which would that be?

Well hidden vs glitch is an important point atm. For instance i didnt see a plant on the exterior of power down under the stairs... way back and set a bit up on the wall against a spot you could only see if you looked from the very end of the space.

To me that sounds well hidden but man o man did lots of Glitch! was heard in chat.

Which would that be?

Well hidden imo.

End of the day, you could reach it and disarm it, if you knew where and how to look for it. It didnt abuse physics to 'drop' behind an unreachable location, thus this is a well-hidden location imo.

But it's a drawback of the upgraded graphics from Ren to RenX. Due to the increased graphics and textures, without invisible walls, beacons can be very much obscured to disallow disarming. I think that beacons are useful, but should require more teamwork than it currently requires, below a few examples:

People tend to try to obscure the beacons but if your team has the advantage of controlling the midfield top section (in Walls or Whiteout), snipercover could easily pick off hot/tech/engi trying to disarm the beacons, more easy so when the beacon is actually placed in a location where people need to be exposed to the snipers.

In the field map, a rush could keep forces occupied while an someone places a beacon near the WF (for Nod) or Hon (for GDI) without being killed by the base defenses. These locations are also easier to shoot at to defend the beacon without being shot at by the AGT/Obe.

Goldrush map has easy acces to the bar/Hon from the infantry pathways. Snipers can cover the infiltrators easie there when the beacon is placed in such a location where the disarmers must be exposed.

But thats just it, isn't it? Teamwork is the keyword here! But we are not playing a team-based game, but a game based on heroes and commandos fighting for the same team. (This was sarcasm for those who don't get sarcasm)

If gameplay was team-based oriented then we'd not think of ways to glitch beacons for a win.

If people do not want to play this game as a free version of the ultra-fastpaced games like BF4 or CS but instead of a team, maturity has a chance to kick in and we wont be seeing glitch abuse as we'd understand it's not supposed to be possible.

'Bad (game) design' is just an excuse to allow people to continue the abuse of glitches in order not to kick them

Truxa well said. In the end teamwork rules. I think the fact that the game allows for teamwork in such varied ways is a really good thing. I think it is why i play the game.

I think ill try to take some time in skirmish mode to place more becons and see where they land............