FREE AIM?

Quit77

Ok so first I want to say Great Job! on Ren X it is coming alone very nicely! But the one thing I notice missing is the free aim [v] [you know when you are looking straight ahead but your cursor/reticle is able to move around] from original Ren. Mabye I am missing it and there is a way to free aim but if not please add in the next beta! This is how I played Ren and it just seems strange not to be able to snipe/shoot without free aim.

Other than that great game and it runs flawlessly on ultra high settings at 60+ fps on my 2014 razer blade 14.

Thank you developers and keep doing what your doing!

-quit77

whats so good or bad about free aim? It allowes for people to keep the camera still while still aiming at a person. All I think about this is he has a narrow field of vision or doesnt know about his surroundings when using the free aim option.

Does it make it easier to aim or something?

I get that when you look down the scope to someone who apparently is not aiming at you, but somehow does shoot at you through free aim, can be a bit offputting, but still. I think using the feature renders the person to a disadvantage rather than an advantage

give free aim a reduced accuracy the further you aim away from the middle of the screen with it. Fixes OP sniper issue, keeps the useful keeping-the-camera-still-while-repairing-vehicles-etc.

too bad some people are too ignorant to look for ways to fix something that could make a great addition to the game.

I just came up with a solution within 5 seconds.

They said they aren't adding it. :[

Cant they leave it up to the server? I mean what if I want to host an old school ren sniper server where everyone is running around free aiming? Idk i'm honestly just a bit disappointed with no free aim. I used to be the best pistol shot because of free aim. Maybe we can put it to a community vote? Just a thought.

-quit77

I love free aim, but i have gotten used to the game without it and i must say that it evens the match a bit regarding other units vs snipers. In old ren, snipers were on a pedestal because of how easy it was to kill anything with free aim, now they are brought back to earth a little.

I have not played Renegade-X yet, But I played Renegade for 5 years. Hearing that there is no free aim is actually very depressing. I say we take a vote for it, It was a huge part of why I liked the game. It basically renders third person useless besides the fact that you can see if anyone if coming from behind.