Grenades...

aRGHathol

haha yeah, Grenadier anyone?

nah... maybe he meant like the standard inf get like 2 normal Pin grenades, as well as a pistol and their main gun.

the Grenadier obviously wouldnt need this....

BUT! lets remember that there are many kinds of grenade.

it might be cool if SBH's got one flash grenade to help them escape a hairy situation.

or Flamers got Incendiary grenades for more "fire" power.

Could even invent a grenade or two. Like a Tiberium frag grenade, that expodes and launches shards of tiberium in a radius, doing damage over time, as tiberium does.

or a Tiberium smoke grenade for Chemwarriors and Tiberium Sydney that releases tiberium gas in a wide area for a limmited area, and this is great for Chemwarrior tactics as they can go right in and finish the job, thowing it behind enemies so they cant escape or infront so they cant advance without damage, they would be devestaing tunnel Defence/offence weapons.

Primary fire for "on contact detonation"

Secondary fire for "timed detonation"

they would be a very nice addition because the possibilies are so high.

but, they are going for as close to vanilla Rene as they can... but who knows! I think that i came up with a cool idea just now ^_^

maybe if taken further it can be another server option ^_^

QUOTE (Unit75 @ Jul 16 2008, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha yeah, Grenadier anyone?

nah... maybe he meant like the standard inf get like 2 normal Pin grenades, as well as a pistol and their main gun.

the Grenadier obviously wouldnt need this....

BUT! lets remember that there are many kinds of grenade.

it might be cool if SBH's got one flash grenade to help them escape a hairy situation.

or Flamers got Incendiary grenades for more "fire" power.

Could even invent a grenade or two. Like a Tiberium frag grenade, that expodes and launches shards of tiberium in a radius, doing damage over time, as tiberium does.

or a Tiberium smoke grenade for Chemwarriors and Tiberium Sydney that releases tiberium gas in a wide area for a limmited area, and this is great for Chemwarrior tactics as they can go right in and finish the job, thowing it behind enemies so they cant escape or infront so they cant advance without damage, they would be devestaing tunnel Defence/offence weapons.

Primary fire for "on contact detonation"

Secondary fire for "timed detonation"

they would be a very nice addition because the possibilies are so high.

but, they are going for as close to vanilla Rene as they can... but who knows! I think that i came up with a cool idea just now ^_^

maybe if taken further it can be another server option ^_^[/b]

that some nice ideas there really yeah

yes its a possibility... this would come after we finish plain ol' renegade. Also this would be added to a new character or for an advanced version of the mod with knives and other "new" stuff.

As for secondary fire stuff as fobby mentioned, minor tweaks will take place, like a delay, but dont expect smoke and flash grenades in vanilla renegade. :lol:

i think normal frag-nades wouldn't change the renegade feeling too much ... it would just be a tiny bit adjusted

maybe normal soldiers could carry 2 nades and advanced inf would not be able to carry nades ...

but it should be up to the serverowner to change that ...

i love the original renegade gameplay but a few (very few) tiny (very tiny) adjustments doesn't harm, specialy if they have an "on/off switch"

QUOTE (Titan1x77 @ Jul 16 2008, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes its a possibility... this would come after we finish plain ol' renegade. Also this would be added to a new character or for an advanced version of the mod with knives and other "new" stuff.

As for secondary fire stuff as fobby mentioned, minor tweaks will take place, like a delay, but dont expect smoke and flash grenades in vanilla renegade. :lol:[/b]

Thank you for keeping them separate :}

it might change gameplay too much, but you could have the flametrooper throw the canister and for some reason it explodes, the more ammo in the canister the higher the damage, but the downside is you run out of ammo very quickly.

thanks Gummi

well, when / if it is done you could set that as a server option, for yes and no to please everyone.

when it is active you could have it a Purchase Terminal option called "Extra Loadout" instead of just lumping each character defaultly.

it could work two ways

1. it could be just like the "Refill" button only it costs say 100 or 50 for the extra Knife/Grenades/C4/Ammo/ etc and you cant pick or choose what you want, you just get the default upgrade for the current character

or

2. it could be like the Char/Veh purchase screen, where you can see all the possible extras some of which should be greyed out for certain characters, like greying out extra ammo for snipers and Pics/Ravs to stop them from becoming too powerfull, instead only allowing characters with guns that run out quickly to get more for there gun, i.e. Laser/normal Chaingun characters, also Tiberium sydney and Chemwarriors tend to run out VERY quickly.

I think only Hotwire Technicians should be able to get more C4 for example.

If denying certain characters access to extra ammo for there main weapon is thought to be a bad idea, then allow all characters to do this but limmit per character the amount they gain when they purchase more, and should they be able to do it more that once? if they are paying more for it each time then it shouldnt be a problem.

will a "Refill" also refill the extra ammo they bought too, or would they have to buy it again?

having an area in the PT like this would give you room to breathe when you want to impliment new additions into your game

peace

Unit75 out

hmm that would be a nice idea too, about the extra ammo I say

Either

have it so you can buy extra ammo once only and it should be pretty expensive (though depending on your char), say about 95% of the cost of your char or something I say so for the officer you pay like 190 for extra ammo (officer cost 200 right? or is that only in APB :/) and like PIC's havoc, sakura etc. 950 creds or something but you can refill your extra ammo

or

you can have it to be able to bough multiple times, starting at a lover cost but increasing for every ammo buy like ½ time more or double cost of previous buy so the more times you want to buy the quicker it increase in cost quickly getting very very expensive, and then you can only refill up to your original amount of ammo

with these two there is bots cons and pros the cons for the first one is that you get a perm extra ammo until you die that can be refilled but a high initial cost where the pro then is you need lots of money to just get it where in the 2nd about everyone can afford 1-2 extra packs but anymore and you need a lot of money probably (again it depend on the char you use) and you need to conserve this ammo or it will be wasted money really, as you need to buy even more expensive ammo if you want more again over your initial amount, unless you die

hmm... unit75 do you have an Xfire I think we could get worked out some good ideas together ;) mine is vingummi2

yea i was made to have one by a female accuaintence of mine,

"All gamers should have Xfire! get one noow"

so yeah... i got one.. haha

search 75, or Unit75... one of the two.. O_O i can never remember...

I sent u an invite anyway so... just add at ur leisure.

peace

Unit75 out

QUOTE (fall4mui @ Jul 18 2008, 02:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it might change gameplay too much, but you could have the flametrooper throw the canister and for some reason it explodes, the more ammo in the canister the higher the damage, but the downside is you run out of ammo very quickly.[/b]

haha, this would be fun to do, but i can see someone standing at a PT now just chucking containers around.

QUOTE (Unit75 @ Jul 20 2008, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yea i was made to have one by a female accuaintence of mine,

"All gamers should have Xfire! get one noow"[/b]

true true

QUOTE (Unit75 @ Jul 20 2008, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so yeah... i got one.. haha

search 75, or Unit75... one of the two.. O_O i can never remember...

I sent u an invite anyway so... just add at ur leisure.

peace

Unit75 out[/b]

accepted you know been on a camp this week so haven't been able to before

QUOTE (aRGHathol @ Jul 16 2008, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Possibility?? :P

I know your trying to stick to Pure old Renegade that we all know and love, but I was wondering if this was out of the question.[/b]

Do you know how GOOD the grenade launcher is? You can headshot someone with it! 8 bullets quite fast instant death baby!

Honestly, I only once accidently headshotted someone, a sakura. We were both like 'where did THAT one come from?'. But yes, the grenade launcher should get some sort of upgrade.

The flamethrower I'm not sure about. It is quite a good weapon. As an SBH I use it to kill snipers when I lack other headshot weapons as the rocketlauncher or shotgun. If you do it right, all flame particles hit your enemy's head, and it deals MASSIVE damage, enough to kill someone in less then 2 sec. And it's quite a good weapon when used against vehicles, especially considering it's a 0 credit unit. One point of note: An engineer has the advantage that he can deal 400 damage with his remotes if he can get just that tiny bit closer then the flamer. So that's perhaps something you should tinker about.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

More on the grenade launcher:

There are games where pressing and holding the grenade launcher will have effects on the projectile. Examples which we could use are:

Holding the trigger longer will send the grenade farther away instead of the standard loop we have now.

Holding the trigger longer makes it possible to have the grenade bounce around before it explodes.

More options:

Secondary fire changes if the projectile explodes upon impact or explodes after bouncing around. Holding the trigger longer will fire farther away/bounces more.

When you set a projectile to bounce around before exploding, it might be fun to have it subject to giving the grenade an 'effect' by moving sideways, giving it a curve sideways along with the normal loop.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.