Silenced pistol vs Automatic rifle

JBV3737

in the old game the pistols range, shotgun range was extremely short. lets just talk about the pistol right now. While playing I've finding that the silenced pistol beats automatic rifle in every case, the pistol has no recoil and does quite a bit of damage, not even including that it is silenced here. I've finding that I'd rather be an assault engineer with a pistol then use a automatic rifle. Is anyone else noticing this imbalance with riflemen?

I think the automatic rifle should have zero recoil it should not slowly drift upwards, it should stay exactly where you are pointing it. What are your thoughts?

They decided to introduce the "dumb" modern mechanics which is all an instant nerf in a game like this to all automatic weapons. No recoil, no spread. This game has enough overly strong non-automatic weapon which dominate already. This general nerf to automatic just gets on my nerves.

Tbh I feel much more comfortable with the AR than with the pistol. I can kill people faster with the AR... and even faster with the carbine. I'm not entirely bad with the pistol.. I just find using other weapons to be easier. I think if they removed their recoil/spread they'd become overpowered and would be forced to lower their damage to boot.