[SOLVED] Leaderboard = Rigged [OR NOT]

oddull

EDIT: The issue has been solved. This thread can be locked / moved or whatnot.

Look like leaderboards are rigged indeed :/

So I got removed from the leaderboard.. came here to see whats goin on.. If it has something to do with the other thread about leaderboards, you are wrong. I don't do that and I actually record many of my games. If wished I can show some full player games where I've got over 20k scores under 30mins where were like 40ppl playin and also some quick scores on smaller games with NFHAVOC, herrstarr and br1ck. Now it's totally possible to get over 100k scores / day when you spend a few hours. The reason why I dont have that much K/D is that I primarily just focus on damage on buildings and repair (to get the score up DUH).

I don't care all that much but as this is how the things are handled here.. I'm out. Instead of banning legit players do something about real cheaters as they are the ones that will ruin the game.

ggs :|

Edited by Guest

I wouldn't say it is rigged. I have been in the top 10 since the start. Lately I have noticed some random names pop up, but I wouldn't say it's rigged. I would say they are playing with bots or some AFK guy.

Well that was my guess at first but I don't think the leaderboard is capable of determining that. It seems like the topic creator was removed because he had a suspiciously low number of kills.

Unless a mod can come here and say they have proof this guy was farming bots, I'm gonna wonder why they decided to remove his name.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=73005

You didnt get 100k today, you gained about 200k. That seemed a bit too unrealistic. You are not removed just yet but made hidden as it seemed fishy. Also your steam profile is private so we couldnt check how much you really played. If you think you can prove how you could make that possible then pls do so.

You didnt get 100k today, you gained about 200k. That seemed a bit too unrealistic. You are not removed just yet but made hidden as it seemed fishy. Also your steam profile is private so we couldnt check how much you really played. If you think you can prove how you could make that possible then pls do so.

Well your people remove forum posts that are truthful so I wouldn't doubt if this guy loves the game as much as I do and no lifes renegade x to be number one. Yet you "hide" him because a known glitcher cries hard enough....

Well jeeze now I for SURE wont ever attempt to go only for score. Glad I only care about kdr and not score farming via repairing. Would just be hidden :mad:

Tbh it really doesn't make much difference if he legitimately got the score or not... The leaderboards mean absolutely nothing in terms of defining a player.

All they are good for is:

1. Listing players who have the most play time.

2. Checking your overall K/D ratio.

3. Referencing the team balance per player.

When the game came out, I was in the top 10 for a few days. But then after I stopped playing as much due to work, my rank went down. So I just came to the conclusion that all it does is measure how much you play, not how well you play.

It's absurd that people here are guilty until proven innocent.

I don't think I gained 200k in a day. Do you have evidence?

That ammount would still be possible (I've been playing all day long) but would be most likely a glitch. Maybe the buggy beta is able to report a result twice? No idea.

Steam says I've played 51 hours. I don't know my current score because I can't see it but I'll bet it would be around 870k

870k / 51 = 17k

17k / 3 = 5.6k

Is 5600 points really that unrealistic for old renegade veteran to get in 20 minutes when constantly trying hard? For example when I played 1v1 with NFHAVOC the game lasted about 6mins and we both got more than 3k scores. In 20mins you could play 3 of those games and get 10k. That's almost double than my average point ratio.

These 5-6 min blow-up-buildings-asap-games are not even needed to get 10k per 20mins. In a big game you can find a "safe" spot and fire buildings from there nonstop and gain points with similar result. Or technician repair nonstop when team is being pushed. When you only focus on scores and not derping around it's pretty easy for anyone.

The logic is there, but since you found it "fishy" it was enough to ruin all my efforts to be the first with a million points. The damage is already done for me, but I hope you're not making me a martyr by not giving my scores back.. There are surely more important stuff to focus on the BETA.

I personally don't think it's fair for small size games to net you the same amount of point as larger games. There's a lot of room for abuse too. For example, you could buy a flame tank and have an enemy be a hotwire. This could net you both an infinite amount of points as long as you put a brick on your keyboards.

Well your people remove forum posts that are truthful.

You made a very offending post with insults directed at another forum user so what did you expect ? We dont know you or the guy you offended and we dont know whos "truth" is worth something and it doesent matter: You were the one starting the instults and if you throw insult arround against other forum users like that you can expect them to be deleted or to get a warning. Afterall we dont want this to become a place where people flame each other.

@oddull: You are back on the leaderboard.

Suicides are irrelevant. I look at my K/D because I want to. Not because I'm trying to compete with other people. It's just something I like to improve.

Hmm you are right I didn't read properly. You weren't saying that it means skill necessarily.

@RypeL: Good move sir! No hard feelings, I still maybe have some time to accomplish my goal.

@Valor: Yeah definitely something they should fix within beta stage. Also games with bots only shouldnt be counted. Although I'd say hackers are the biggest nuisance atm and we need proper tools to get rid of them before anything else.