Railgun/PIC quickswitching obliterates everything.

GatsuFox

I made a video about it here:

For those of you who don't know, quickswitching is an old technique in many FPS games to by pass certain animations (like reloading in COD) and it works extremely well in this game. All you have to do is shoot a gun that has a long interval between firing, switch to another weapon after the shot is out, then switch back and you can fire again instantly. Basically it turns the most powerful guns in the game into rapid fire beams of death. I'm completely shocked the beta team didn't discover this. Or did they leave it in intentionally?

Also when you quick switch too well, your arms will float around in third person mode.

Anyways, enjoy.

Yeah, been abusing it myself. I mean, its hard not to want to. Especially since the guns fire SOOOOOO SLOOOOOOOWLLLLYYY normally now, at least the railgun felt a heck of a lot slower. Such a nerf, man.

But abusing this, mammoth tanks run away from you. That said, the game has way too much mammoth all over right now, its just silly.

Yeah, I mentioned it in my bug thread. I'm guessing it's not intended but until it's patched out I'll be having fun all day long with my Personal Ion Cannon, merrily destroying flamers as they try to cross an open field. Just got out of two straight win by points games where GDI was reduced to just an infantry barracks on Walls/Islands, but even 5 flamers couldn't do much when I could get 1.5 of them before they got to us.

Maybe this wouldnt happen if the guns werent remade so terribly from the original. Having a clip on this kind of gun is just dumb. I cant for the life of me think of a single reason why this would be a good idea. It should be one shot per clip like the original.

Yeah, the new PIC / Railgun seem to have a lot slower firing speeds now. Especially the railgun. You fire the weapon, it waits 2 seconds, THEN starts rechambering and only then can you refire. All in all takes around 5 seconds to refire. And on top of that, you need to reload every 4 shots.

Not fun at all, i would definitely like to see the old versions from original back.

For anyone interested in the numbers.

Original Renegade: 10 shots in 30s

Renegade X, normal speed: 8 shots in 30s.

Renegade X, canceling the recharge animation: 16 shots in 30s.

So canceled shots are allowing you to fire a little over 50% faster than the original Renegade, but at the same time the original Renegade fires 25% faster than it does now in Renegade X without weapon switching.

For anyone interested in the numbers.

Original Renegade: 10 shots in 30s

Renegade X, normal speed: 8 shots in 30s.

Renegade X, canceling the recharge animation: 16 shots in 30s.

So canceled shots are allowing you to fire a little over 50% faster than the original Renegade, but at the same time the original Renegade fires 25% faster than it does now in Renegade X without weapon switching.

For anyone who didn't know, the railgun reloaded a fraction of a second faster than the pic in Renegade. The tiny fraction was barely relevant though.

(28.5 seconds for 10 shots for the railgun).

Yeah, the new PIC / Railgun seem to have a lot slower firing speeds now. Especially the railgun. You fire the weapon, it waits 2 seconds, THEN starts rechambering and only then can you refire. All in all takes around 5 seconds to refire. And on top of that, you need to reload every 4 shots.

Not fun at all, i would definitely like to see the old versions from original back.

Whats even worse is that its damn near impossible to tell how much longer the gun needs to recharge (not reload) the next bullet while in 3rd person.

Yeah, this should definitely be a high priority. Played Islands tonight and Nod couldnt bring up a solid defense because one PIC was destroying every arty and light tank bought in a second or two. I was tempted to grab a Rav myself and wreck their Mammys, but it didnt feel right.

IMO, I think these weapons should fire their 4 shots quickly, but obviously not that quickly. But they should also have a longer reload timer.

So, decrease their charge time by .75 seconds and increase the reload time by a second. Overall, you'd be able to fire all 4 rounds 2.25 seconds faster, but you'd also have to reload for 1 second longer. Therefore amounting to a 1.25 second gain overall.

I say go back to the old recharge/reload times and numbers. They were fine.

I agree, I mean, other things were buffed and nerfed, mostly buffed and thats perfectly fine, and in comparison the railgun-PIC seems just fine as they -were-.