Renguard

supersample

Saw my first cheater just now. It was quite amusing indeed. First I was on GDI and he was havoc and I noticed he had some script to make his name change every 3 seconds (random name to "NOT A HACKER" then back to some random name) So I followed him around and sure enough I am watching him snipe SBH from a ways away while they are cloaked and not sprinting.

So I decided to switch teams and bait him into shooting at me while I was in stealth mode and not moving. Then I decided to bait him into following me and tracking me (wall hack) even though I was zig zagging throughout many building entrances and ramps to the roof. Sadly other people caught on he was cheating (even though I said nothing and was just amusing my self with these antics) and they all left the server.

So some form of anti cheat is needed big time :C but that's UDK for ya'

but something is indeed neded

something that scans for illegal software running

and maybe some kind of hardwarehash to ban players

i know that all this can, and will, be bypassed ... but that would eliminate casual cheaters or occasional users

at the moment it is very easy with a free available and wide spread software that can be used by any 8 year old to cheat

I did serverhop a little last couple of hours, and EVERY server had at least 1 cheater ... thats unplayable :(