Europe / UK Players

Sebqt

Anyone from Europe or more specifically the UK?

I plan to host a dedicated server in Europe (undecided location as of now) assuming there would be a player base that would enjoy the lower ping (as an alternative to US servers).

Also just interested to see if I have any fellow brits to play with at regular times!

Seb

I would be more than happy to set up a max character server for us europeans, and another for a competitive team I want to create so we can get good host. Would anyone be able to help me with specifications, I may make a little website to go alongside so people can appeal bans and whatnot.

Edit:

but there's a twist to it.

What twist?

• 2 weeks later...

My first gaming clan was Dutch, and I am American.

My current The Realm gaming clan originated in the UK but since Planetary Annihilation recruiting I believe we have more americans, but also with aussies and german and dutch... Either way, I believe if I am not mistaken if I do start a dedicated server the host box would be UK.

I feel this question and it's answer does hopefully encourage more players lurking to hop aboard this game.

I was always under the impression that there were more EU Ren players than US.

What twist?

People won't play on an empty server. I'd wait and see how many people will play the game before hosting a server.

A few days ago someone was worried there wouldn't be enough servers...

I always fet that there more EU players ... but wasnt the serverbrowser split up in different regions of the world?

Im not sure. I remember the demographic being pretty evenly split on n00bstories, though I didnt join them until Westwood imploded, so I dont know if they made any changes to the server pops system.

Hello, first post here.

Me and some friends are planning to host one or more servers in Sweden. We had 3 fully populated servers up and running back when we played the original Renegade and we would like to do something similar this time. I'm having some trouble finding any info about it though. Is there a post or an info page about hosting servers?