New forums!

Jam

Welcome everyone to the new Renegade X forums!

As you have probably seen, these forums are a bit like the game we're working on, it works... but it's not done. Over the next few decades we will be finishing up both these forums, and of course the game itself.

The change of forum systems was due to having technical difficulties over and over again with the vBulletin system, therefore we have chosen phpBB3, not because we think it's better, not because we think it's worse, but because we're more experienced with it. It's easier to manage for us.

You will probably bump into some bugs while you're reading posts on the forums, or when you're sending private messages to your best friends on the internet! Some pages may look like you're back in 1995, but we're working on it! The forums are everything but done, and just like Renegade X (the game), the development of these forums takes place after work, and since I work 24/7 I do not get a lot of time to work on these forums. Please bear with us while we try to make a working forum!

If you would like to leave a message, or if you are a person with a lot of time off and also with some basic webskills, feel free to send me a private message, oh wait, rather not, feel free to send me an e-mail at [email protected].

You might be required to reset your password. Use this page to reset your password.

Edited by Guest

Didn't have to reset my password! Success! What happened to the main site though?

Yeah, somehow I was able to log into my account without resetting the password. I DID try to reset it yesterday, but the email never came. Odd. Also, yay for being able to switch to my animated avatar!

Also, I noticed some weird stuff going on in my Private Messages. My "Inbox" is full of messages generated from 5 posts I hit "Report" on, and they're addressed from me to Fobby. Not sure why that's in "Inbox" instead of "Sent". Also, my "Sent Messages" folder is throwing a bunch of PHP errors, and actually contains two replies to two of my Reported messages. Double weird.

Nice job with the new forums. I know how time consuming switching from one to another can be. We used use to phpBB a while back on CNCNZ.com. Made the BIG and much welcomed change to Invision Power Board 2.X in early 2008, now on IPB 3.X and haven't looked back.

I know you guys stated you know how phpBB works and are familiar with it, but its a shame you didn't consider Invision Power Board, it can offer and do so much more ;)

Edited by Guest

Also, I noticed some weird stuff going on in my Private Messages. My "Inbox" is full of messages generated from 5 posts I hit "Report" on, and they're addressed from me to Fobby. Not sure why that's in "Inbox" instead of "Sent". Also, my "Sent Messages" folder is throwing a bunch of PHP errors, and actually contains two replies to two of my Reported messages. Double weird.

Thank you for reporting this, I will look into it.

I know you guys stated you know how phpBB works and are familiar with it, but its a shame you didn't consider Invision Power Board, it can offer and do so much more ;)

We'll keep it in mind for the next transfer. :o

I went to the page, but it was already set on 'yes'. I pressed submit anyways, but it still isn't showing up...

EDIT: seemingly, it only shows up on new posts after I pressed submit...? This Is getting confusing lol :P

Yes, I went ahead and changed it for you already, and yes this change will only affect new posts.

One thing I am missing is the option for an Xfire adress to be filled in along with the rest of the IMs on your profile.

I will add options for both Xfire and Steam.

Update: I have added them as profile fields, I might implement them to work the same way as the other IM buttons later.