Best Renegade Memories?

adamXXII

Just to get back in the spirit of CnC Renegade, What are your best memories from the game? For me I'd have to say the day I realized you could shoot through the glass wall on Island. Yes I know, nooby, but I've never heard so many consecutive "boinks" before. :cool:

I'd have to say the 4 day marathon map of Under, where each day when you woke up and got on you were like wtf is happening why do i have 400,000 points still, then you do !maptime and realize that the game has been going on for 3 days. Too bad those never happen anymore.

The best games were when both teams lost their refinery and base defences (either by destruction or loss of power), and you had to battle for each credit you wanted to use. The sheer exhilaration of killing off costly characters with a basic infantry, or out-sniping sakura's and deadeyes with a basic soldier holding a pickup-sniper, and finally rolling out the tank that might win the game.

The more frequent excitement I had was looping around some hotshot sniper and planting a remote or a shotgun on the back of his head before pulling the trigger, and all the reactions that 'it wasn't fair to loop around' while minutes before they were boasting their high K/D ratio earned by killing basic soldiers.

But, one memory everyone can probably share, the moment you plant all your remote and timed on an MCT, and you have 30 seconds of nerves trying not to be found out and protecting your explosives till your death.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

i remember the GDI barracks was the only building left and 1 mammoth tank the role of the AGT, and we would get constantly rushed.

there were like 3 light tanks and 2 flame tanks all attacking one enemy tank but he never died because like 6 hotties were constantly repairing it, and there also was a PIC supporting the mammy too.

that was intense! xD

i can also remember some guy happened the same and decided to upload it on youtube. dunno if he was in the same room as me... :D

• Totem Arts Staff

My finest memories was with my clan, NE. We played for years, weekly training and special training drills to fine-tune our skills, we had our own [NE] Public Warzone server and Sniper server, and played a lot of large clan wars. There's nothing like playing an 8v8 clanwar in Renegade, with complex tactics written on sheets in front of everyone's computer, all on teamspeak focusing on the game.

Getting a 500 sniper, missing my intended target and accidentally killing a stealthed SBH by hitting him in the head instead.

That has happened to me 3 times.

Additionally, playing on an (in)famous server for years on end. This particular server hosted 4 vs all matches (which usually meant 4 vs 16-20). The team of 4 definitely had the overall win advantage in statistics by the way, and not a single one of them used cheats (I was occasionally playing on the team of 4 myself so I can verify that).

Not saying that it is easy to win matches with 4 players vs 18, but it's amazing what things you can pull off in the game when you work so closely with each other.

Flaming APCs. Jelly synonymously recognizes "Flaming APC" with "halo2pac".

That and hosting the largest modded server, Just as big as Kamiux's, for 3 years. I had 3k players a month with a 16 slot server, and yet I still had a line waiting to get in.

The Flaming 2pac

Flaming APCs. Jelly synonymously recognizes "Flaming APC" with "halo2pac".

That and hosting the largest modded server, Just as big as Kamiux's, for 3 years. I had 3k players a month with a 16 slot server, and yet I still had a line waiting to get in.

burn, baby burn!!! lalalalala

#1 The awesome teamwork you don't see in any other game.

#2 BOINK

#3 The tank - infantry balance

#4 Flaming SBH in tunnles, harvy walking, all these awesome tactics just to find a hole on the enemy defense. The game did go beyond attacking and defensing, it was also scouting and using tactics, using distraction tactics it was a game where thinking outside the book the best way to defeath was. Even grazy things did work, when the team did work good enough together. I remeber there was an epic apc rush while the other team had meds, but the apcs where with to mush, while they where hunting the apcs, the engineers of the destroyed apcs already destroyed there half base.

I guess my best memories are a couple hero moments.

Once when playing on Glacier I picked up the stealth trooper early in the game, but lost the Hand of Nod not long after. As the game progressed, Nod was steadily losing buildings while GDI was still in good shape. Finally a big push came which looked like it would finish us off. I still had the stealth trooper and a nuke. Having nothing to lose, I headed for GDI's pedestal. I reached the barracks and planted the nuke; thankfully(?) most of their team was at our base. A couple people did see the nuke but I managed to take them out. As I waited for the nuke to come down I saw that our last building besides our repair pad went down. It was close, but the nuke hit before the repair pad was destroyed and we won. Quite a few "wtf"s were had in the game over screen.

Another time on a different map I was driving a flame tank and our airstrip got destroyed. I managed to get in to the dead zone of five tanks in a row and kill them before I was finally taken down. I think we ended up losing anyway.

I guess I tended to like the times where you lost access to a unit/vehicle but made good use of it before you died.

I guess my best memories are a couple hero moments.

Once when playing on Glacier I picked up the stealth trooper early in the game, but lost the Hand of Nod not long after. As the game progressed, Nod was steadily losing buildings while GDI was still in good shape. Finally a big push came which looked like it would finish us off. I still had the stealth trooper and a nuke. Having nothing to lose, I headed for GDI's pedestal. I reached the barracks and planted the nuke; thankfully(?) most of their team was at our base. A couple people did see the nuke but I managed to take them out. As I waited for the nuke to come down I saw that our last building besides our repair pad went down. It was close, but the nuke hit before the repair pad was destroyed and we won. Quite a few "wtf"s were had in the game over screen.

Another time on a different map I was driving a flame tank and our airstrip got destroyed. I managed to get in to the dead zone of five tanks in a row and kill them before I was finally taken down. I think we ended up losing anyway.

I guess I tended to like the times where you lost access to a unit/vehicle but made good use of it before you died.

lol, that's quite badass xD

Defending Walls as gdi in a 40+vs40+ game with only powerplant left and 1 Medium tank, against At full funktional Nod base for over half an hour, only to loose with less than 10 secs left on the timer! Best game ever!!! :D

Best personal Experience, hitting 8x gunners with low hp with an arty and killing them all in 1 hit, followed by a ban shortly after xD Pure Awesomeness :]