November Media Update!

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Totem Arts Staff

We've moved ModDB pages!!!!!!!!

It's about time. Since Renegade X will be standalone as soon as the Black Dawn campaign hits the Internet, we've been meaning to get a new page on IndieDB. You can access the new page by clicking here: http://www.indiedb.com/games/renegade-x

The Renegade X UT3 Mod page will remain online as an archive for the Renegade X beta downloads, videos, and images. The 0.55 beta download will be available until the Renegade X standalone multiplayer release for the UDK.

Development News

The development of Renegade X: Black Dawn, our upcoming singleplayer mini-campaign, has been going swell. The team has been fixing glitches and completing the game's cinematics in order to refine the experience before release.

We've also made some key developments in multiplayer over the past few months. Some time ago, Totem Arts created a new Game Design Document for Renegade X, which assessed what we have done so far, the ups and downs of the beta versions and releases, and most importantly, it's given us the opportunity to revamp the game formula. Like I said in the last update, we want to bring Renegade X to the current generation in gaming with our next releases. We'd like to grow beyond the remake project we originally set out to be, and instead revolutionize the experience.

We've also made good progress on a couple multiplayer maps and countless new static meshes and props. Levels this time around will be a lot more detailed, with re-imagined creativity and interactive elements for players to explore.

In case you haven't seen our Beyond Black Dawn development vlog, we recommend you check it out below. Here, I discuss Black Dawn and the future of Renegade X as a standalone game.

Pictures!

Below are some images we've taken in the middle of cinematic development in Black Dawn. Can you guess what's happening in each picture? We're interested in hearing it!

Rx_SS_IonCannon1.jpgRx_SS_Havoc.1.jpg

Rx_SS_AirStrike.jpgRx_SS_Tower.jpg

Rx_SS_HUD.jpg

Renegade X Community Q&A:

Jam started a Community Q&A a few weeks ago, and with my help, he's been able to answer all questions that are thrown at him. Every Monday he releases a new episode tackling new questions. You can check out his YouTube channel and watch all 8 episodes here: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheJamnub

Submit a question by posting a comment on his latest video every week!

So long for now,

Something BIG is happening very soon. Be sure to keep up with us

http://www.renegade-x.com

What's happening in each picture?

1: I think there's an ion cannon about to hit the ground.

2: Havoc looks at something which he really really likes. Sydney??

3: A nod artillery about to be bombed by that plane in the background.

4: Is it a bird? Is it a plane? It's Havoc flying?!

5: I see a new UI, which I really like! I think they're discussing the mission at this point. Btw who's that bearded guy?

Anyway, the screenshots look absolutely jaw-dropping.

33tl8w4.jpg

... wooOOÓÓT!!! i can't wait!!!

but before that, i still have a question. since you said Black Dawn will be a minicampaign, which is nothing wrong with.

but i am wondering how many missions Black Dawn will contain...

i mean, with my amount of experience and NO coffee, you could finish the C&C Renegade campaign in 2 days (on recruit) with doing all the secondary objectives (on recruit). C&C renegade had 12 missions, and the longest mission took like 50-60 minutes if you rush it while doing the secondary objectives...

so, in short: will Black dawn take longer?

EDIT:

Would be a nice xmas present tho <3

february 2012 would be my fav date though, exactly 10 years after C&C Renegade was launched, just like someone else said on the forums ^^

• Totem Arts Staff

Black Dawn altogether is about 1-2 hours of gameplay + cinematics. It consists of 10 parts, each part is about 5-10 minutes long, + about 12 minutes of cinematics. It's short, but it's something to play through before we do our multiplayer release, which will be a while from now. It will give you all a good idea of what direction we're heading in with the new Renegade X, and you'll be able to make suggestions and post critiques.

Fobby[GEN]]Black Dawn altogether is about 1-2 hours of gameplay + cinematics. It consists of 10 parts, each part is about 5-10 minutes long, + about 12 minutes of cinematics. It's short, but it's something to play through before we do our multiplayer release, which will be a while from now. It will give you all a good idea of what direction we're heading in with the new Renegade X, and you'll be able to make suggestions and post critiques.

ah, okay! good enough ^^

this might be a good question to mention for the RenX Q&A #9? :Þ

Pictures

1: Seems like ion cannon so victory for GDI or maybe Nod has taken control of ion ^^

2: Havoc has just used all his cigarettes and is ready for leaving GDI base to do some dirty work

3: This shows the way to beat artillery is surprise attack (by plane)

4: Havoc kills somebody, sets the bombs, runs for his live and jumps through window and epicly mission is accomplished

5: Its time to go through the attack plan, maybe you can also change weapons and stuff

1. GDI Ion cannon control pushed the wrong button

2. Havoc finally admitting to Sydney he's gay

3. Nod artillery battery being horribly owned by an A10

4. Havoc having a bet with a Nod officer that a fart with a match near it will explode. Havoc won

5. Mission debriefing after killing the first waves of Nod dudes

1. GDI Ion cannon control pushed the wrong button

2. Havoc finally admitting to Sydney he's gay

3. Nod artillery battery being horribly owned by an A10

4. Havoc having a bet with a Nod officer that a fart with a match near it will explode. Havoc won

5. Mission debriefing after killing the first waves of Nod dudes

It's all so clear now, thanks!

1. a dog stole the ion cannon beacon from havoc and bit the activate button.

2. then havoc got shocked after the same dog slipped away with his automatic rifle which the dog thought it was a bone.

3. after that, the same dog ran into a A-10, and is rolling on the control, making it attack the mobile artillery...

4. and the dog seemed to show up again, and to make the dog disappear FOREVER, havoc played ''fetch the remote C4''. accidentaly he threw the handle.

5. havoc is convincing his fellow GDI forces to let the dog join the army.

• Totem Arts Staff

1. Tib meteor hitting the earth

2. Havoc thinking some 1 best bring me a cigar before i go out and kill all the Nod Scum

3. Artillery trying to become a Anti Air cannon (Fail)

4. ohhh shi* it a bomb *jumps for his life*

5. Havoc having one of those mid battle chats that makes no sence in a war game (im in the middle of a war zone but i must ask A.S.L do you like trains ? ... *looks @ Mass Effect*)

who the guy with the fuzzy face ?

Very impassive images, well done :D

1. NOD is giving a big party on the other side of that mountain, the light in the air, are that laser-lights they use on parties and events. But GDI is not invited, so now will all the angry GDI forces, join the party while they are not welcome... how will this end?

2. Havoc loves the laser-lights that NOD is using. Havoc wants to steal it.

3. Nod already started the fireworks, which are a part of the party. However some fireworks already exploded before it has the change to fly high. They just parked the Arillery on the fireworks so it would not get the attention of the uninvited GDI, who probably would sit first rank when they did know where the fireworks was. You already see a GDI A10 searching for the fireworks...

4. Kane was trying to fire a small firework arrow, but he did fired it into a guard tower where havoc was hiding, because havoc was planning to steal the laser-light.

5. Havoc is now planning plan B, to steal the laser-light, but this time he called in the help of some rappers to distract the NOD forces.

1. NOD is giving a big party on the other side of that mountain, the light in the air, are that laser-lights they use on parties and events. But GDI is not invited, so now will all the angry GDI forces, join the party while they are not welcome... how will this end?

2. Havoc loves the laser-lights that NOD is using. Havoc wants to steal it.

3. Nod already started the fireworks, which are a part of the party. However some fireworks already exploded before it has the change to fly high. They just parked the Arillery on the fireworks so it would not get the attention of the uninvited GDI, who probably would sit first rank when they did know where the fireworks was. You already see a GDI A10 searching for the fireworks...

4. Kane was trying to fire a small firework arrow, but he did fired it into a guard tower where havoc was hiding, because havoc was planning to steal the laser-light.

5. Havoc is now planning plan B, to steal the laser-light, but this time he called in the help of some rappers to distract the NOD forces.

lol 543210