Who pays?

cirex

Renegade-X is free, awesome...We all want good stuff for free, because we hate to pay.

While the game is made in there own time, and it has no costs for salary, there are more things as just salary. Think of the cost of power for a server, the beer that our developers needs to get inspiration, the server and many more things.... And how cool would it be when they had some money left to do a little bit promotion for the project?

While we like free stuff, it isn't right to bring the whole bill to the renegade-x team. Since when do you have to pay when you give somebody something awesome?

So the question "Does EA games allow you guys to accept money from any person to support the project and help it to keep strong servers running?"

And secondly "Should it be nice to build some kind of 'donate now' button? to support the project, so people can send small gifts to the team, something like paypal (while I like the wally cards more, because its gives me a more anonymous feeling.)"

I haven't played this UDK yet (can't even if I want :P), But When the multi player will be released, and I really feel that it will be my new addiction, sure that I will donate something like € 10,00 - € 20,00 it is not mush, but it could at least say that I want to see this project keeps standing... even when its € 0,50,... you are even then supporting the project, right?

I can't Imagen that I am the only one that wants to pay for something that they have for free, without that they get any extra thing. (but first I want to play the multi player, before I know it is worth it.)

Why else do we pay € 50,00 for games that we play for 2 weeks? Because we get it on CD?

But what ever I say, KEEP THIS GAME FOR FREE, but make it more easy to support.

As far as I know, the Ren-x team isn't allowed to receive any kind of money for this project. The only thing you can spend money on for Renegade-x, is to keep the public servers (not sponsored by them) alive. That way, you can support the game by keeping servers open. It's the only way to support the game with money that I know.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

• 4 weeks later...

EA = "Evil arrives", no just joking... but the only reason this project is standing, is because they cant stop it, and there is some kind of good part in it, and that is that there is finally something good to say about command and conquer.

Don't forget when this was a payed game, they would kill it. They can't kill it because it is not for commercial usage.

sure they could :P, but while EA games is giving the cnc a bad name, they could use some positive news about command and conquer. Its a win win situation for them to. Renegade-X could reach beyond the cnc community, we already saw that happen when some nice vlogs appears. For EA its more like (att the moment):

CNC4 -->unhappy community, and not growing because its no longer a popular game-type --> Renegade-X --> new users will join community, and the current community keeps happy while waiting for a good game of command and conquer --> the new community will be kept up to date about the cnc games that appear --> community is happy, community will grow --> EA games could sell his game on more users --> and renegade-x has a change to become big.

Its just because this project has also some profit for EA in it. I would not say that its wrong to think like that. Because it still is a company with a lot of people with a job, which also have to feed there child's ;) .

sure they could :P, but while EA games is giving the cnc a bad name, they could use some positive news about command and conquer. Its a win win situation for them to. Renegade-X could reach beyond the cnc community, we already saw that happen when some nice vlogs appears. For EA its more like (att the moment):

CNC4 -->unhappy community, and not growing because its no longer a popular game-type --> Renegade-X --> new users will join community, and the current community keeps happy while waiting for a good game of command and conquer --> the new community will be kept up to date about the cnc games that appear --> community is happy, community will grow --> EA games could sell his game on more users --> and renegade-x has a change to become big.

Its just because this project has also some profit for EA in it. I would not say that its wrong to think like that. Because it still is a company with a lot of people with a job, which also have to feed there child's ;) .

yes, that would be kinda plausible.

i think one of the reasons EA did this, is becuase this can indeed be savior of the nearly dead C&C franchise, and maybe when it has proven it awesoemnes,, they could make people pay a bit form some ''extra's'', like more weapons, and the capability oto make custom maps,for like $10 or so...

but i am wonderwing, what if the dev team tried it by another way? what if they all were secretly working on the project, to prevent any trouble, and when it's completely finished, they would go to EA and say:

''ok, so here we have a complete remake of the popular game called C&C renegade, you have now the opportunity to earn tonnes of money without doing anything, in trade we do ask 50% of the share, and some rights of the game." would they say yes to their offer?

i think they will say YES. EA is a pure moneymaker by now, and i think they would like some extra food for their pockets... xD

EA games should add renegade-X CD-install to the gamepack of command and conquer. Should give the gamers more games, and will be good for EA games and Renegade-X "Like this post if you agree ;) " (but where is that "I like it" button.)

yes, that would be kinda plausible.

i think one of the reasons EA did this, is becuase this can indeed be savior of the nearly dead C&C franchise, and maybe when it has proven it awesoemnes,, they could make people pay a bit form some ''extra's'', like more weapons, and the capability oto make custom maps,for like $10 or so...

but i am wonderwing, what if the dev team tried it by another way? what if they all were secretly working on the project, to prevent any trouble, and when it's completely finished, they would go to EA and say:

''ok, so here we have a complete remake of the popular game called C&C renegade, you have now the opportunity to earn tonnes of money without doing anything, in trade we do ask 50% of the share, and some rights of the game." would they say yes to their offer?

i think they will say YES. EA is a pure moneymaker by now, and i think they would like some extra food for their pockets... xD

That I have heard, this project is already opening doors for the team working on it, this project gives them opportunities nobody normally should get, to work for amazing companies that loves the result of renegade-X. When they let destroying renegade-X they will lose the good name that the project is giving them, and than they give away a great opportunity.

Renegade-X will not make them rich, it may only costs money, but that what they can reach on a future job is a lot more as the money they could earn for this game.

But yea, we are living in a world of grazzy and awesome people all putted together on one small planet, so who says what will and what not will happen. All we can do is guessing, and sure, there is a change they sell it before we have to change to play it... its the risk you take when you wait for something thats for free.