OK NO. I'm drawing the line here.

epicelite

i atually tried to not compare too much to COD, but oh well.

as for the abh spending the whole game collecting weapons..

that would happen one way or another o.O

how do you collect weapons? you kill people to collect their weapons, so what does the sbh do the entire game IF weapon limit exists?

well thats obvious, sbh would no longer be widley used anyways, instead you'd get sbh campers out in field "too scraed to pull the trigger and get unstealthed" how an sbh would be spending the whole game collecting weapons? well, if you think about it, he'd still be spending the whole game, but he'd just be spending the whole game trading weapons on the floor.

on top of that weapon limits reduces the amount of "achievement", "you worked for thoes guns and you deserve it, you killed thoes soldiers with what you have and so you get what you can pickup", honestly, think of weapon limits as a factor that can reduce gameplay.

i always liked going in to enemy base with a full armory, partialy because i need it to actually infiltrate sucssesfully...

i risked my lifegoing into firfights just so that i could get myself a new gun.

call it a temporary prize for killing the person...

besides having it as an option for servers isnt so bad, if you can let weapon limit, and weapon drop become a tick box on the settings for a server, what harm could that do...

and in addition to that, why remove what you already have?

Epicelite.

Let me spell things out for you.

Your posts; idiotic at best.

Your Personality; Abrasive and annoying

Your Opinions; Hod no credibility, and lack even basic knowledge on how to develop a game.

If you want to make your biggest impact on this forum, and community. Take a back seat. Watch, don't talk, just keep your god damn opinions to yourself. We don't need childish individuals such as yourself TROLLING our forums.

Maybe if you want to change how Popular FPS' are,

GO MAKE YOUR OWN GAME

Until that time, enjoy the FREE game we are creating. And Remember, this game, Does Not Revolve Around You.

• 1 month later...
(in ren-x case, sbh ramjetters, which can STILL happen with the 2 primary only weapon system)

=P

back on topic: the old carry everything wasnt so bad, so why does it have to go ?

I've played games with weapon drop excessively, and there's a bigger problem with a large portion of the team playing SBH and just hanging about, then one actually becomming dangerous.

SBH's with ramjets or other snipers are dangerous, but they don't act like other snipers, they rely on their stealth, shoot only when they are REALLY sure they kill you. That's where they start sucking, SBH's shoot so little that they barely kill someone, and the few times there was an SBH around that could both snipe well and had a sniper it was easily circumvented by either a hunt, or just taking a tank.

I think a system without carry all weapons enhances gameplay. Think basic soldier killing one of your mates and picking up a badass weapon to push into your face. A battle is less predictable when low class units can get the right weapon if they think fast and have the skill. Renegade shined through it's battles where you tried to rush through 5 enemy's just to finish off that sniper, where other FPS's are about killing the easiest target and moving on. Now you can enhance that even further, trying to get the right weapon in the middle of a battle, or killing someone who has aquired a good loadout (assuming that weapons will drop more frequently then they do in the normal renegade).

There was nothing bad about the old system, this system just seems better to me.

Someone mentioned something about needing a full armory to infiltrate. How many weapons did you USE? You need explosives, and then depending on your choice an anti-infantry weapon and an anti-tank weapon. Well, you can carry them both, no sweat!

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

i atually tried to not compare too much to COD, but oh well.

as for the abh spending the whole game collecting weapons..

that would happen one way or another o.O

how do you collect weapons? you kill people to collect their weapons, so what does the sbh do the entire game IF weapon limit exists?

well thats obvious, sbh would no longer be widley used anyways, instead you'd get sbh campers out in field "too scraed to pull the trigger and get unstealthed" how an sbh would be spending the whole game collecting weapons? well, if you think about it, he'd still be spending the whole game, but he'd just be spending the whole game trading weapons on the floor.

on top of that weapon limits reduces the amount of "achievement", "you worked for thoes guns and you deserve it, you killed thoes soldiers with what you have and so you get what you can pickup", honestly, think of weapon limits as a factor that can reduce gameplay.

i always liked going in to enemy base with a full armory, partialy because i need it to actually infiltrate sucssesfully...

i risked my lifegoing into firfights just so that i could get myself a new gun.

call it a temporary prize for killing the person...

besides having it as an option for servers isnt so bad, if you can let weapon limit, and weapon drop become a tick box on the settings for a server, what harm could that do...

and in addition to that, why remove what you already have?

You never played renegade?

-SBH does not fight in 50% of the cases, they just wait until someone dies, doesn't matter or its enemy or friendly unit. They just wait and grab.

-After getting a sniper, they just wait for the perfect shot, and after the shot they hide. (hit and run) Imagen you had a weapon against any unit, you could be god while SBH.

-Renegade gameplay is not just about stealth... every unit should have an weak-point, no matter how, this team is making a game where you could defeat an enemy by just using your brains, not just your fingers, thinking about which weapons you could use, and how you could defeat your enemy by using that where they could not protect them selfs against.

"No one has the right to life forever, its our destiny to die, that makes it worth to life." So stop making GOD-CHARACTERS in your imaginations.

-Offtopic: does somebody remember the times where 20 VS 20 battles where played. And sometimes 5 SBH are hiding behind that med tanks, just to steal them. Or when 10 of the 20 players on a team, are trying to nuke one single refinery on Island. And the best part, wear any weapon you could use, engineers? no worry, we got mines, tanks? no worry we got C4 and ramjet rifle, snipers? oh SBH could snipe better, killing an building with C4? no worry, just wear C4 remote, rockets and mines, and once inside you are free to kill that structure.

SBH's without weapon pickup should be one of the very best units in the game:

-For only 400 credits, they have stealth

-They also have the laser rifle.

-fast reload (fastest there is I think)

-pinpoint accuracy

-medium range

-high damage per shot vs tanks ánd infantry (+/-7 damage each shot vs tanks, 10 damage each shot vs infantry+10 burn damage)

-medium ROF (with this ROF and the damage vs tanks, they are almost on par with MED damage/min)

-with only two (trigger happy) SBH, you can hold back both tanks and infantry, 4 can rip a rush apart.

This makes the SBH, even without stealth, one of the best units the game would have to offer. With stealth, it's one of the best units (and that's without weapon pickup!)

Why isn't the SBH that good? People are afraid of decloaking. The moment you hear a laser rifle, people FLOCK towards it to kick your ass, because SBH are easy targets, they concentrate more on running and hiding then shooting.

SBH could be god characters with weapon pickup, but it NEVER HAPPENED in any game I've seen. People are playing too careful, fearful. With or without weapon pickup ór carry all weapons, SBH will always be played wrong. ESPECIALLY sniper SBH, they wait too long to fire a shot, even when you stand still they take too long to actually fire. Snipers in renegade are good because they aim and fire in split second, intuitively. Take your time for a shot and you'll probably miss.

Suggestion: if you have renegade, pick an SBH, and every time you see an enemy, close in until you are at an easy shooting distance for you, and just FIRE. Keep comming at them, keep attacking, have a happy trigger finger. That's the only way you will find that the SBH can be a lot more useful then hanging around gathering weapons or waiting an hour to steal a vehicle.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.