I'm disappointed with this.

Alucard

Haven't played renegade-X in months, and i mean months, so i've gone back to it, reinstalled it patched etc, and what do i find? 0 players in the server. Not to be rude here, although i bet i'am sounding rude but wheres all the people gone to? i remember the servers always used to be packed with people.

Anyway, mod runs great and looks great still.

• Totem Arts Staff

Hey.

There are a few games per day, depending on your timezone. Though keep in mind that this mod has been released for a year and 6 months, so playercounts these days are not at their highest.

Renegade X is becoming a standalone game sometime in 2011, so it will no longer require UT3 and it'll be free to download and play. Most of the fanbase is waiting for that. The current version on UT3 is more or less a beta and a demonstration of what we have done so far, but it doesn't represent the final product. But it is definitely a lot of fun when there are players on.

I can understand what Alucard means - without people, Renegade/Renegade-X isnt much fun.... well, not as much as it should be.

Is there a good time of the day? Its a shame there arent more players around.

Good luck with the stand-alone game. Surprising how youre managed to do that? are you using the UT3 engine in some form?

As I said before, we should just held a weekly match on every Saturday and/or Sundays. When people know the server is actually going to be filled at a given time, they will come and play. So if we just make Saturday and/or Sundays a 'default' playing day, you can have good matches! I'm not saying it will be as filled as events by MP-gaming or the developers, but you can easily get matches with atleast 10 people every weekend ;)

Anyway, I'm to lazy to set this up, because I atm have RenegadeX not installed and won't install it any soon. I have more things to do than playing Renegade X and my weekends are filled too with other enjoyable things most of the time ;)

Been playing today and yes even with 8 people the game is still fun, I'm a longterm renegade fan, so playing this mod is awesome, and it runs alot better than the older versions i played when it was released.

I have a question, once the game will become standalone i.e not needing the UT3 Game install. The optimization won't suffer will it? because i have this game running on max at 1080p HDMI resolution and it looks stunning. Good job anyway so far with the mod.

Big problem with many mods/games with a smaller playerbase is that people can't cba sitting in an empty server.

The first player has it really bad, since he can only sit there doing nothing or destroy the other base while none is there. When the 2nd person joins he basically ends up with a half dead base or a player with like unlimited cash, meaning he's going to be annoyed and most likely instantly quit.

A third player joining usually results in the person that is alone not having much fun due to being raped. a 4th player usually makes it quite balanced again, but you basically need 6 or more players for people really willing to stay around. A good solution would indeed be to organise stuff if you want to see people playing.

Easy fix: automatic map change/restart once a 2nd player joins.

I don't know, if that's possible, but that would at least make it even for the first two people.

Well I agree with Vipeax, Renegade/X really needs 6+ players to get going. Any less than that it kind-of doesnt work too well. Ive yet to see more than 4 players on the server :( Normally its either 0 or 1. Although I know from the old Renegade once you get enough players its great fun.