New Fronend Public Beta Test!

halo2pac

Alright guys its time to beta test the new frontend! Launch your current RenX frontend client and let me know what happens!

Also I would like to apologize for having you re-download a lot of files you already have. The last update I made was a fluke (new years game) because I pulled an all-night-er to get it done. I missed 1 line of code that messed everything up.

Everything is on the right track now, and you will probably have to sit and wait for 200 megs of maps to download!

Thanks guys.

(pulled an all-night-er again tonight for you guys so at least be a little happy :( )

I'm getting a fatal error too.

(translated to English)

Error downloading file list:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to \My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Renegade\Renegade-X.exe is denied.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)

at Renegade_X_Auto_Updater.frmMain.wc_DownloadStringCompleted(Object sender, DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs e)

After downloading almost a gigabyte of maps and other stuff I was finally able to run the frontend. It looks cool and I appreciate the effort put into it, but there's a lot of space that can be used to make the frontend smaller. It's too huge right now in my opinion. Also the radio buttons don't work when trying to host a server

• Totem Arts Staff

for some reason i had to download 0.551 before o.552 ? WTF ?

all in all its looking very sexie .. love the map list for the Editor, does its show all the maps in the map folder ?

Edit : fond i bug i think

buggg.png

says the map is walls but has a pic of the new map ... and the new map does not show in list

for some reason i had to download 0.551 before o.552 ? WTF ?

all in all its looking very sexie .. love the map list for the Editor, does its show all the maps in the map folder ?

Edit : fond i bug i think

says the map is walls but has a pic of the new map ... and the new map does not show in list

Shows all the maps in either the unpublished or published depending on whether you check, or uncheck the box.

I will look into that bug.

Yes Im sorry, the last update for newyears had a bug which I had to correct, so yes, it forces you to download 0.551,.

After downloading almost a gigabyte of maps and other stuff I was finally able to run the frontend. It looks cool and I appreciate the effort put into it, but there's a lot of space that can be used to make the frontend smaller. It's too huge right now in my opinion. Also the radio buttons don't work when trying to host a server

I will look at the radio buttons. Space issue will be addressed last after all bugs are fixed if I have time ;)

Still doesn't work :(

The error I get now is only slightly different from the old one.

edit: actually it's the same error. the IDs change with every try, but I have no idea what that means lol

? Do you see "attempting to delete XXXXXXX (0) (1) (2) ect? on the updater screen?

If not.... Delete the updater and re-run the Renegade-X.exe ... if its not there get it from here:

http://www.renegade-x.com/sc/updates/Renegade-X.exe and put it in that folder.

Thanks all for your patience and work!

The old frontend was good and helped give me an idea for how to improve and make this frontend... I hope Im not pissing you off Pr0ex. i appreciate the old front end very much ^^

The updater seems to work now, but it has been running for four hours straight and it's still not done. I have to shut down my computer now, so I'll cancel and try again tomorrow morning. I hope the speed will improve, because I don't like the idea of 20 people leeching this simultaneously around the event time Saturday if the server has trouble with serving the files to just a few people with good connections :/

PS: If there is a way to properly install .552 manually, please let me know. I'd prefer that over running an updater for another 4+ hours.

The updater seems to work now, but it has been running for four hours straight and it's still not done. I have to shut down my computer now, so I'll cancel and try again tomorrow morning. I hope the speed will improve, because I don't like the idea of 20 people leeching this simultaneously around the event time Saturday if the server has trouble with serving the files to just a few people with good connections :/

PS: If there is a way to properly install .552 manually, please let me know. I'd prefer that over running an updater for another 4+ hours.

I have 200 kbs down and it took an hour... theres 350 megs of maps and sounds and fixes. its necessary.

Im getting the following error

[ATTACH]160[/ATTACH]

I think its looking for a file in "documents" instead of in "my documents"

I also tried to update the version on the server pc and the updater just crashes without any explanations.

it looks for the file right next to the autoupdater.exe. so if its displaying the directory as documents\ its documents\. I assume you have vista\Windows7

Yes downloading that and putting it in the renegade folder will fix everything. but it will take a half hour to download the 300 megs of updates.

http://www.renegade-x.com/forums/showthread.php?2930-0.552-Updates-Statement

Took about 10 minutes to download so it wasnt that bad but it solved the problems both on my pc and the server box.

I managed to install the .552 update with the binaries provided in the "0.552 Updates Statement" topic, but the frontend doesn't work ("Renegade-X Frontend has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." on startup). OS: 32-bits Windows XP SP3.

I managed to install the .552 update with the binaries provided in the "0.552 Updates Statement" topic, but the frontend doesn't work ("Renegade-X Frontend has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." on startup). OS: 32-bits Windows XP SP3.

Is the Newtonsoft.Json.Dll in the folder with the renegade-x.exe? it should be there when you installed the mod.

That or you dont have .net 3.5 SP1. installed.

or you are not running it with admin privileges.

Those are the only causes, every other error is caught and reported to you.

@Fobby: .552 works perfectly fine, it's just the new frontend app that doesn't work. It's not important for me, since I rarely use the frontend anyway, but if this affects many XP users it is important to fix.

@halo2pac: I replaced the frontend files with the ones provided in that topic, but it didn't change anything.