Tonight: Renegade X event on MP-Gaming server

Buzzer

Over the past few months, Renegade X has shown very little activity, despite the quality of the 0.50 release. However, a few player spikes (with up to 20 players at the same time), with a lot of people asking when the most activity takes place, have proven that there are still a lot of people who want to play Renegade X.

I am sure that the upcoming standalone multiplayer release will fix a lot of problems with low player counts. But we'd like get a bunch of players and have fun before that time. Meaning we are inviting everyone who'd like to enjoy some Renegade X goodness to come play on our server tonight :)

Server: MP Renegade X

Address: 78.46.83.213 at port 1337

Time:

20:30 - 23:00 (Central european time)

19:30 - 22:00 (British time)

18:30 - 21:00 (Neutral timezone, add or subtract your local offset)

For newcomers: you can download Renegade X here (you need to have Unreal Tournament 3 installed). If you have trouble connecting with the server client, connect using Jam's Renegade-X IP. Once you are connected, the game will automatically download some stuff (around 30 megabytes), this is necessary to play on the server.

Hope to see you all ingame ;)

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Jun 19 2010, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll be there and I'll try to bring some guys.[/b]

Nice :)

According to timezone converter: 20:30:00 Saturday June 19, 2010 in CET converts to 13:30:00 Saturday June 19, 2010 in EST. Hope to see you there ;) [/b]

Addition: I'm not sure if that is with or without daylight saving time, so it might be an hour later (14:30).

Best thing to do - if you have Vista or Win 7, click the clock in the bottom right, click "Change Date and Time Settings..."

Click Additional Clocks tab

Add in a new clock set to EST.

:)

EST is -5 hours,

19:00 BST (British Summer Time, current UK + W. Europe time) = 14:00 EST

-----

The miscalculations is because the northern hemisphere is all in Daylight Savings Time.

If you're in the northern hemisphere, take your timezone off GMT/UTC, then ADD an hour.

So, 18:00 GMT - 5 = 13:00, but its DST, so add an hour, 14:00.

-----

QUOTE (Havoc89 @ Jun 19 2010, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great... I missed it. <_<[/b]

allow PMing and we would have told you :unsure:

I wish I could have made it but the timing wasn't right for me unfortunately :( . I hope black dawn will be released before june is over. I check this website every day and I am unhappy to see such a large dip in activity :'(.

I think it would be great if there was a few scheduled events a week (same time every week but different events for different time zones). I check RenX a couple times a week to see if anyone is on and there never is when I look so I haven't played in forever.