It's too quiet. . .

Sevyn

These forums are lonely. I can go days without seeing any activity. I think we have too little people here.

I think we need to recruit more people for the website. Yell out to the world that Renegade X exists! I myself didn't really know about it until something obscure caught my attention.

Note: We'll probably have a population boom once Renegade X becomes a standalone game, and not a mod.

BUT STILL

You must recruit additional players.

• Totem Arts Staff

What do you mean "recruit" players? We do monthly updates and post them everywhere in the C&C and UT community, as well as ModDB. Every now and then I try to email magazines, but so far only one has talked about us.

This is why we need the community's help to spread the word about the mod, and play regularly.

Yes, there have been less people playing recently. This is because our most recent update, 0.5, is now over two months old. The team is hard at work on the standalone versions, which will feature everything 0.5 had and much more. It will take a few more months out of us, but I expect there to be a rise in the playercounts. We will also be doing updates in between.

Really? I never seem to find much going on besides a few comment "Good job" or something like that.

I mean by recruit as to get people to join. I've made some of my friends hyped about it.

If everyone could do that it would be great.

I've got a bunch of people interested in it but it would appear few, if any of them actually play UT3 and aren't willing to buy it for "just a mod" they may or may not enjoy. I expect the standalone to change this and be a very important milestone.

I personally hate mass-invites on sites such as facebook but I'll make an exception for Renegade X when the standalone is available :)

QUOTE (a000clown @ Mar 14 2010, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've got a bunch of people interested in it but it would appear few, if any of them actually play UT3 and aren't willing to buy it for "just a mod" they may or may not enjoy. I expect the standalone to change this and be a very important milestone.[/b]

The same here. I showed the mod to some friends and they seemed interested, but the did not like the idea of getting/installing UT3!

QUOTE (maty @ Mar 15 2010, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
UT3 is £5...

Like, thats the cost of a daily bus ticket. Its nothing.[/b]

but theres alot of people that wudnt pay that for a game theyre not really bothered for, even if this mod rox, they dont kno that without actually playing it.

QUOTE (Mechaman...Returns @ Mar 19 2010, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
many of my friends wont get ut3 because of its size, and the fact of paying for it.

i really hope for the standalone version, looking forward to a big lan game.[/b]

UT3 is a SOLID game, its great fun and loads of awesome mods for it!

not also that - the size? Its average, C&C4 is bigger, WOW is bigger, HL2 is bigger...

Its like 10GB MAX, everyone has a bigger than that...

Just excuses :P

Now if you're friends are below the 18+/M age rating for it - then that's ok :) .

I think the problem is that people have had their taste of the game. Renegade is wonderfull, almost unique. Renegade-x is going to surpass that with the promise of erasing all the bugs and mistakes, and adding a graphic overhaul that is equal to updating an abandoned warehouse to the Tai Mahal.

But the mod so far contains lots of bugs. Ofcourse they will be taken out later on, but both the low playercount, and the fact that it's not finished yet, are a reason for me to just sit down and wait untill it's finished, and I think I'm not the only one like that. I'm not psyched about this mod anymore, I know it's comming, but untill then, I'll keep myself entertained with other stuff.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (Demigan @ Mar 22 2010, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the problem is that people have had their taste of the game. Renegade is wonderfull, almost unique. Renegade-x is going to surpass that with the promise of erasing all the bugs and mistakes, and adding a graphic overhaul that is equal to updating an abandoned warehouse to the Tai Mahal.
But the mod so far contains lots of bugs. Ofcourse they will be taken out later on, but both the low playercount, and the fact that it's not finished yet, are a reason for me to just sit down and wait untill it's finished, and I think I'm not the only one like that. I'm not psyched about this mod anymore, I know it's comming, but untill then, I'll keep myself entertained with other stuff.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.[/b]

no offence but its people like you waiting for the standalone to be compleated that there are low numbers of players in game, shame on you

but i agree about the overhaul of an old game to what we see today in RenagadeX, it should of been Renagade 2 not a remake of a amazing game ... but in away it is the second renegade just coz thay say its a remake dont mean that it is ... its just better in every way thats what makes this Mod/soon to be game

i think thay succeeded in killing renegade for good where im concerned

i think the dev team should put a price on it :P just coz its such a good game ... i will buy it :D

but hay pack to topic ....
man it has gone a bit quiet lately where is this update/patch what was mentioned last month :P just kidding take ya time i got all the time in the world playing on version 0.5 its ace

• Totem Arts Staff

Remember that whenever "it's too quiet", there's always something behind the scenes. We're not the kind of team that turns its back on its heels.

As for 0.5, there aren't many game-hindering glitches imo besides the bugs relating to SBH stealthing and Remote C4s, and the latter is very easily avoidable. There are more bugs, but nothing game breaking.

I'm very happy with Renegade X 0.5. It's a very refined version of the mod, with almost all the stock weapons and vehicles, a good amount of maps, and its open source, allowing user content that MP gaming has taken advantage of. Despite its version number, it already has the vast majority of what the original C&C Renegade had, and is more complete and professional than almost every FPS total conversion mods I've played over the past few years.

There's a lot of big news coming up, I just want you all to hang tight until then. The standalone version will take a while, but only because we want it to be perfect. There will be some cool things to look forward to prior to that.

QUOTE (kenz3001 @ Mar 22 2010, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no offence but its people like you waiting for the standalone to be compleated that there are low numbers of players in game, shame on you[/b]

No offence taken. Like I said, the game (yes, game, not mod :) ) is going to rock, but untill it starts doing so, I'll enjoy myself elsewhere. No harm in that is there?

with 'bugs' I meant more the fact that I've been able to play only a couple of times when both players were in servers and my renegade-x actually managed to start-up without crashing. Before the actual release, you'll probably find me on one of the servers (trying) to kick ass!

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.