Commander Screen.

Saga

After having messed a bit with the UT2004 C&C mod the gentlemen from unrealinsanity have been working on I am very impressed with the commander option they have added. It is very complimentary to C&C Renegade and is a feature I believe would augment Renegade2007. The ability for the commander to place positions of buildings, base defenses etc, brings back the original C&C feel, while maintaining the integrity of a FPS. Gdi destroy a Nod turret? NP. If the commander has the funds he can build new ones. Maps can be made where base is entirely built and commander has little to do, partial base construction where commander builds more advanced buildings or none.

This is certainly something to at least consider.

Originally posted by Jointn00b

yes but also very hard 4 the commander's team if the commander's a n00b or sumthin. I really like the idea, but if the commander screws up, he screws up for the whole team and that's a really big thing 2 consider

well depend on how the commender is chosen, if ex. he is voted in it is the teams own fault that the chosed the wrong commnader

Just played this mod, it rips alot of stuff from renegade, and that commander mode was probably the nicest feature, seems they have a good coder, but no mappers,modelers,texture artist's....I think 1 coder does what he can to get it going and a few people contribute.

Would be nice to contact him about us in a formal matter.

The feature has it's and good and bad. Look at Savage: The Battle for Newerth. Your game can ride solely on your commander. If you get a noob the team is pulled down a lot and you get a good commander but a bad team you still screwed. It makes commanding a demanding task as the whole game can reside on one person. I think it is a good feature but has its issues to be dealt with. Just my view.

Ive been hoping for years that someone would finaly bring this idea up. Having found Ren2007 brings hope once again. Have any of you ever played Natural-Selection mod for half-life or maybe the empires-mod for halflife2? Both have a commander with the look down view. Both are great RTS FPS games. Adding this commander feature would most definitly bring this mod the attention it needs.

Originally posted by death225

Ive been hoping for years that someone would finaly bring this idea up. Having found Ren2007 brings hope once again. Have any of you ever played Natural-Selection mod for half-life or maybe the empires-mod for halflife2? Both have a commander with the look down view. Both are great RTS FPS games. Adding this commander feature would most definitly bring this mod the attention it needs.

No I haven't where can they be found?

Ya that first version really sucked. All the servers lagged. Haven't played it lately since there haven't been any updates for a while but last time I played the game still had its bugs though theres less of them and I think they even started a few scrims between clans. If you guys can get something like this up with good smooth performance it would make for an awsome C&C mod. And about the noobs being commander, they don't usually want to jump in for those other two games and if they do people will eject the comm if he's really that bad.