Mammy should be able to crush enemy vehicles.

epicelite

QUOTE (thrash300 @ Dec 13 2009, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can it even be done in the Unreal Engine?.[/b]

The leviathan can drive over any tank, even the goliath, and instantly kill it if it is driving and moving fast enough. So yes, they could make the mammoth instant kill anything it hits.
But I doubt that in reality a mammoth tank would be able to. It moves more like a wall, heavy, almost impossible to stop once it's moving, but unless you manage to get a tread on you it will push you like a wall, never crush you.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

It shouldn't crush, because that would alter the game balance too much.

The mammoth should just be an unstoppable mobile wall. If a buggy runs up against it, it would be like driving into a wall. And the mammoth tank should have no trouble chugging along even if it has to plow through enemy tanks driving up against it.

QUOTE (epicelite @ Dec 12 2009, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's bullshit when a HUEG mammoth tank is stopped because some guy in a buggy or something drives up and just sits infront of you.

Discuss.[/b]

It should be balanced in the same way as with the original game, because that game was great. We all played it so much, in part, because the balance was so good.

QUOTE (maty @ Dec 16 2009, 03:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of the reasons the harv isn't moveable is because on fields it could be pushed into the river and blown up - even your own harv by your own team.

Its just for balancing issues.[/b]

now that you mention it this is true. however, in origional ALL vehicles could move the harvy if used correctly. But I see your point

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ Dec 18 2009, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Plow.jpg

A beta, maybe, but it's still rather funny.[/b]

TBH I would actually like for the vechicles to be able to run over one enother, that being said however only in a very realistic way. For example I woulden't wana see a harvy run over a med, simply because
#1. Harvyies tires are NOT and CAN NOT contact the meds, or another veiciles body effectivly enought to begin driving on top of it.
#2. The harvy is just TOO slow to run over any vehicle.
Point being if the harvy were to be pushing a vehicle for like an hour and a half, it still shouldent get anywere near running the vechicle over.

THAT being said I would LOVE to see light and fast vehicles umm...run off or yes run over other vehicles. For example a buggy running over a mammy would NOT destroy it, just the physics would permit it, or however, if a situation would occure were a mammy ran over a buggy, the buggy would be toast, that would most likely happen if the mammy were on a ledge or elevated ground right above the buggy in the position of running right on top of it. I think its what Renegade X just needs, more realism thats not out of question of changing the gameplay too far, rather in my opinion it would make it far more interesting and enjoyable. Lets face it, if a mammy is on elevated ground in position to drive right over a buggy, and the buggy doesn't become damaged or destroyed, then thats really unrealistic, something thats IMO doesn't belong in the Unreal Engine, if anything the Unreal engine should bring more realism to the gameplay, and I think that the ability to allow vehicles to run over each other in a realistic manner would be a really great implementation as it would not change gamplay to much in any way.