Renegade testing in UT2004

Saga

I don't know if this is interesting to you or not. We put up a ut2004 C&C Renegade server to see what it was about and what has been done by others. There are perhaps a few things you may be interested in. For example, in assult game type, buildings are automatically constructed over time and more advanced vehicles become available (buggies are first available then tanks, apc more powerful tanks, air units, etc). The availability of the units based on base upgrades may not interest you, but perhaps the basic idea of base construction sequence might. Obs and Guard towers (there are two in one map) are automatic, but a player can manually take control of them. Base walls arise - you get the point. I've never seen this mod, but it does have some interesting ideas. If you would like more info, lemme know.

Here's an update which looks very promising to your project. There are only 2 C&C maps for Ren and the server we have been running is very busy. Many references to C&C have been made and questions from players for anything C&C and UT related have been asked. Since you want to keep a low profile nothing specific has been stated about you project. Interest has been high from the UT community with many 'ooo's and 'Ah's' about anything C&C. One comment in particular was made by a player. 'Damn I wish there was a full C&C game in UT.'

• Totem Arts Staff

Yeah, even before our project we were aware of a C&C-UT community consisting of a few hundred people.

Saga, if you want you can inform these guys about our project, go right ahead. This isn't a secret anymore, so there's nothing wrong with giving our info away. We just dont want any colossal announcements on major sites until we are very far in progress.

Im sure there are a lot of people in the UT community who would be anxious for our mod.

Alright I will. I'm sure that these fellows will be interested. Frankly i'm suprised that only 2 C&C maps have taken that server to the top listing over some long, well established UT assult servers for periods of time over 24 hours.

No, we are running an assault mod that mightbob has listed above. They are running an invasion/C&C mix I believe. Certainly Titan, we've been combing UT and looking for those we are familiar with and their work. I have provided fobby one great name, but cannot say if he would be interested or not. I believe wormbo is a coder for mutators and IRC related materials. Don't let the rude behavior off a couple of their members throw you off. There may be things to learn through some of the problems that the developers have experienced. We are going to do our own testing since it is free distrabution.