Question about steam sale UT3 Black

momauser

Everyone knows that when you buy a game from steam the files are different and the game works by using steam

My question is: Can the mod be installed and will the mod work with the ut3 version of steam?

ps Please answer before september 27, when the bargain ends.

Thank you for commenting. I didn't know the question was in the FAQ, normally I would read those kind of stuff so I find myself I a bit dumm.

However this isn't the standard version so maybe I still would have my doubts.

Remember the days of renegade i loved it... But because of my shitty internet cable provider my ping could suddenly rise to 999 leaving

the game unplayable. So I'm happy that i can play the game in perfect graphics without lag and with a great community.

So I'm getting my ass on steam to buy ut3 :D

GL with modding

greetzz

Maurice aka Mauser

As it has been answered before, steam version of the mod does work, from memory you can link nonsteam ones to steam accounts via the cdkey.

But to clear up even more. As I have the black edition on steam can confirm that the black edition does also work with the mod. (though i don't see why it shouldn't)

Just correcting the first post's statement.

Steam version of a game isn't any different from the game which you'll get on a DVD or CD. Only differences between steam version and DVD versions usually are that steam adds their additional achievements to the game plus the ability to have the steam overlay open and chat with your friends who are on your steam friends list.

Otherwise the games usually are always exactly alike whether you bought them from steam or on a DVD.

QUOTE (Mr. Weedy @ Sep 20 2009, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just correcting the first post's statement.

Steam version of a game isn't any different from the game which you'll get on a DVD or CD. Only differences between steam version and DVD versions usually are that steam adds their additional achievements to the game plus the ability to have the steam overlay open and chat with your friends who are on your steam friends list.

Otherwise the games usually are always exactly alike whether you bought them from steam or on a DVD.[/b]

Well I was just making sure because of the install folder and everything else cause it's UT3 "Black" and I wasn't sure it differed any from the original UT3. Thanks for answering. :D

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ Sep 20 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The difference is the same as C&C3 vs C&C3 Kane Edition.[/b]

Well played. No need to talk down though :P

edit: Wow haha i didn't even notice this thread existed. I made a new one cause i needed the answer for my friend really fast and didn't have time. Sorry about all of that :(