UT3: Complete Installation Guide

Jeod

QUOTE (=HT=Duro @ Sep 14 2009, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That doesn't help my graphic problem though...

HP Vista Home Premium Laptop dv2000 series. Is it possible to upgrade the processor like a normal hardware component or do I basically need a new motherboard?

QUOTE (=HT=Duro @ Sep 14 2009, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well its the UT3 patch

for your pc .. you dont put your pc spec, we cant help ya. no its not vista, cause i played it on Vista home premium without problem, same as renegade-X beta

post your spec and we will see[/b]

http://www.Renegade-X.com/Forums/index.php...ost&p=23232

From there down. I just want to know if it's possible to upgrade a laptop processor without going through a lot of other crap.

QUOTE (An4x1madr0s @ Sep 14 2009, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nope , sorry :( laptops are not upgradeable ... yet[/b]

false

laptop cpu can be upgrade. it just depend of your laptop ... on mine i can, but alot of HP and compaq have a soldered cpu, so no. google your laptop

i know that on my laptop, i can use around 12 cpu. gfx card change is harder ... most of time , gfx bios is insert in mobo bios ..

ho and .. i need more info on your system .. laptop cpu .. there like 6 X C2D 1.83Ghz .... use CPUZ @ http://www.cpuid.com and post ss of cpu, mainboard and graphic pls

QUOTE (=HT=Duro @ Sep 14 2009, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
false

laptop cpu can be upgrade. it just depend of your laptop ... on mine i can, but alot of HP and compaq have a soldered cpu, so no. google your laptop

i know that on my laptop, i can use around 12 cpu. gfx card change is harder ... most of time , gfx bios is insert in mobo bios ..

ho and .. i need more info on your system .. laptop cpu .. there like 6 X C2D 1.83Ghz .... use CPUZ @ http://www.cpuid.com and post ss of cpu, mainboard and graphic pls[/b]

cpulw.jpg
graphicsg.jpg
mainqv.jpg

Don't ever use a laptop for gaming unless it's purely designed ONLY for gaming.

What you see is that your laptop doesn't support 90% of the required shaders which the game needs in order to showup correctly. This could be fixed by changing the graphic card to later model but... because it's laptop it's not likely that it can be replaced.

Buy a good desktop computer and play it on that.

QUOTE (Mr. Weedy @ Sep 15 2009, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't ever use a laptop for gaming unless it's purely designed ONLY for gaming.

What you see is that your laptop doesn't support 90% of the required shaders which the game needs in order to showup correctly. This could be fixed by changing the graphic card to later model but... because it's laptop it's not likely that it can be replaced.

Buy a good desktop computer and play it on that.[/b]

X2 ... you got a GM965 ... or in other word, a Intel X3100 integrated graphic chipset .. it '' supposed'' to support DX10 .... but it dont support SM4.0 lol only 3.0 ... so in my book it only support DX9 .. maybe 9c :P .. eve nwith everythign at low and at the lowest resokution .. if you got 10 fps it will be famous ... and during firefight .. well maybe .2 fps ...

at this resolution, you cpu will back you .. on chance you got a C2D cpu cause a single core cpu will get you a lower fps ...

QUOTE (=HT=Duro @ Sep 15 2009, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
X2 ... you got a GM965 ... or in other word, a Intel X3100 integrated graphic chipset .. it '' supposed'' to support DX10 .... but it dont support SM4.0 lol only 3.0 ... so in my book it only support DX9 .. maybe 9c :P .. eve nwith everythign at low and at the lowest resokution .. if you got 10 fps it will be famous ... and during firefight .. well maybe .2 fps ...

at this resolution, you cpu will back you .. on chance you got a C2D cpu cause a single core cpu will get you a lower fps ...[/b]

Um...English? My graphics card is the issue, right? Is it replacable with this model laptop? Does my CPU also need an upgrade? Is there any way I can *not* use shaders?

no you cant upgrade your gpu .. your cpu is ok, no need to upgrade, .. you need to know if you want ot upgrade something in your laptop , u better have $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ .. a mid range cpu is around 300$ .. and you have to find it before ....

not use shader .. i cant say something on taht .... google your problem and try to find someone who got your problem

QUOTE (=HT=Duro @ Sep 15 2009, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no you cant upgrade your gpu .. your cpu is ok, no need to upgrade, .. you need to know if you want ot upgrade something in your laptop , u better have $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ .. a mid range cpu is around 300$ .. and you have to find it before ....

not use shader .. i cant say something on taht .... google your problem and try to find someone who got your problem[/b]

Again, English plox. So my graphics card (gpu I assume) isn't able to be upgraded? Crap.

QUOTE (NEFirestorm @ Sep 15 2009, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I were you I'd just build a new comp for about $500-700 and not worry about the laptop (cuz playing games on laptop sucks ass unless you have some alienware shit)[/b]

Hello, senior in high school here. Where do you suggest I get this money you speak of?

QUOTE (DXR_13KE @ Sep 18 2009, 05:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why the hell did you buy a POS like that?

Save some cash, buy a decent desktop, you should be able to get one for under 600 euro if you search around.[/b]

600 euro = 1200 US dollars. I think I'll wait until the dollar goes above the euro again before I do that.

QUOTE (Jeod @ Sep 18 2009, 05:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
600 euro = 1200 US dollars. I think I'll wait until the dollar goes above the euro again before I do that.[/b]

http://www.xe.com/ucc

Live rates at 2009.09.18 15:51:08 UTC
600.00 EUR = 883.351 USD
1 EUR = 1.47225 USD; 1 USD = 0.679232 EUR

Useful little site, that is.

QUOTE (Jeod @ Sep 15 2009, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello, senior in high school here. Where do you suggest I get this money you speak of?[/b]

I worked in High School; plus you make more without those girlfriends hanging around you. You can work part time and still get a 400 buck cpu after a month or so. I'd wait and buy a real gaming laptop if I were you though. Save up the whole summer and buy one of those 2000 gaming laptops. It will last you a long time, for gaming...

But like the other guy said, I work two jobs and go to the University; then I have to make time for cleaning the daggum house that me and my wife dirty up so much. There's just way more to do if there is another person living with you. I don't know about your family, but you may not even have to do your own laundry, I didn't when I lived with my parents. Use that time to get some REAL cash. Don't waste your time playing games all day long and chilling with friends.

guys cmon lol building a decent pc cost max 600$ canadian. i build some myself for friend and for my studio. you can have some combo deal with a mid-end AMD Athlon II X2 cpu, a gigabyte motherboard and 2GB of ram for 180$ ... add 100$ for a 9800GT or a HD4850. a case with ''normal'' 500W psu inside, enought to power those setup = 50$. a 500GB HDD and a LG dvd burner cost around 70-80. you recycle old keyboard and mouse .. i got like 5 or 6 set laying in my house. add a 150 for a monitor. and ur in buisness . you dont need THE BEAST at start .. sure if you got more, go, but low budget gamer can have good pieces for low $$

QUOTE (=HT=Duro @ Sep 18 2009, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
guys cmon lol building a decent pc cost max 600$ canadian. i build some myself for friend and for my studio. you can have some combo deal with a mid-end AMD Athlon II X2 cpu, a gigabyte motherboard and 2GB of ram for 180$ ... add 100$ for a 9800GT or a HD4850. a case with ''normal'' 500W psu inside, enought to power those setup = 50$. a 500GB HDD and a LG dvd burner cost around 70-80. you recycle old keyboard and mouse .. i got like 5 or 6 set laying in my house. add a 150 for a monitor. and ur in buisness . you dont need THE BEAST at start .. sure if you got more, go, but low budget gamer can have good pieces for low $$[/b]

Dude anyone can build their own computer for less than 500 bucks and have a tb hard drive and a 9800 GT graphics card. If you want a laptop though, that changes everything. I'm pretty sure he said he wanted a laptop. Those are expensive if you want one with nice specs.

I bought mine for 449 bucks and it has a Nvidia 9100 M graphics card inside it. That's pretty nice for the price, but it still doesn't compete with the unbelievable savings you could have on a desktop...

QUOTE (havoc9826 @ Sep 18 2009, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.xe.com/ucc

Live rates at 2009.09.18 15:51:08 UTC
600.00 EUR = 883.351 USD
1 EUR = 1.47225 USD; 1 USD = 0.679232 EUR

Useful little site, that is.[/b]

600.00 EUR = 1,017.50 AUD
1 EUR = 1.69584 AUD ; 1 AUD = 0.589680 EUR

Thats enough to get a decent pc :) though you can be scraping the barrel if you want to add a monitor, a good PSU and case...

QUOTE (AsgarothXc @ Sep 19 2009, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude anyone can build their own computer for less than 500 bucks and have a tb hard drive and a 9800 GT graphics card. If you want a laptop though, that changes everything. I'm pretty sure he said he wanted a laptop. Those are expensive if you want one with nice specs.

I bought mine for 449 bucks and it has a Nvidia 9100 M graphics card inside it. That's pretty nice for the price, but it still doesn't compete with the unbelievable savings you could have on a desktop...[/b]

my laptop cost me 800$can. and i got a 9800MGS 512mb inside, for sure compare to a desktop, its BS, but i sold my Q6600 OC 3.2, GTX260 Maxcore 216sp, 8GB ram 1.5TB HDD and 22 LCD for the same price i bought this laptop ... but now i can go anywhere with my pc. for me its ideal with my buisness .. but damn i miss my Beast ...

QUOTE (=HT=Duro @ Sep 21 2009, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my laptop cost me 800$can. and i got a 9800MGS 512mb inside, for sure compare to a desktop, its BS, but i sold my Q6600 OC 3.2, GTX260 Maxcore 216sp, 8GB ram 1.5TB HDD and 22 LCD for the same price i bought this laptop ... but now i can go anywhere with my pc. for me its ideal with my buisness .. but damn i miss my Beast ...[/b]

ugh i need 2 OC my Q6600, its at 2.4 ATM.. LOL